Losing the plot...

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Losing the plot...

A UK motoring journalist recently took to 2 weeks and reported his findings here;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article4963194.ece

Now, whilst I admit that this has nothing to do with electrically powered bikes, his view of scooters, and bikers in general made me have a good laugh.

See what you think!

Hermes
Re: Losing the plot...

Apart from the fact that Jeremy Clarkson is an imbecil in any case, given his quasi-tests with anything, yet he has this TV persona of "I really tried it" crap, I wouldn't give it much weight.

It's like asking a vegeterian to judge the carvery.

No point

retrodog
retrodog's picture

That guy is either trying to be funny or a complete idiot. I'm not sure which one yet but I'm leaning toward the idiot designation.

sgmdudley

That guy is an idiot. Constantly referred to being killed no matter what you are doing.
Calling Handlebars a Steering wheel shows he should have not been any where near a
two wheel vehicle. I hope no one reads that article that was serious about getting
a scooter or motorcycle. (and yes, there is a difference Jeremy).

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

moccasin
moccasin's picture

and that’s like trying to lift up an American.

OUCH!! Hey! I just might resemble that remark! HAHAHA!!

That was some funny writing! :-)

Wotnopetrol

That guy is either trying to be funny or a complete idiot. I'm not sure which one yet but I'm leaning toward the idiot designation.

What you have to realise, for those of you who haven't grown up with Jeremy Clarkson on TV, the radio, in magazines and newspapers or through his books, is that he has made an absolute fortune winding people up, yanking their chains and being over the top contraversial on a variety of subjects, especially motoring. It's what he does, very very succesfully.

The people who "get him" all know this.

Also it seems that he has a pretty interesting lifestyle, test driving the world's fastest cars or flying in F16s, etc etc.

People either love him or hate him, but one thing for sure is that he's no idiot, in the true sense of the word anyway.

Even the people who love to hate him like me, can find themselves almost compelled to watch his Top Gear program on TV as it's so outrageous and he does have a knack of being so outspoken and politically incorrect on so many subjects and stating things that so many of us think, but would never ever dare to say, but I'm sure most of it is just for effect.

He's not known as motormouth Clarkson for nothing. :-)

If you have access to BBC World on cable, see if you can catch up with Top Gear, you might (despite yourselves) actually enjoy the comic of a program that it undoubtably is.

Simon

MikeB

Nope, he's trying to be funny. Watch a few episodes of Top Gear, and you'll begin to understand him much better.

Top Gear does a number of car reviews, but they also like to have a bunch of silly events on the show. I was rolling on the floor laughing when they had a 26-mile race between a runner and a Panda 'city car'. The trick: it was through downtown London during a weekday rush hour. (Yep, the marathon runner won.)

They've had a number of contests where they convert old cars into boats (which usually end up sinking), various races between jet aircraft and cars, and a slew of celebrity guests taking a lap around the test track for speed.

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

Mik
Mik's picture

Anyone with a bit of a sense of humour should get it and can have a laugh at it.

This is not a recommendation to go "click" and read it, but I did and there were a lot of truths and a few good belly laughs in it.

I also liked the idea of a Vespa because most bikes are Japanese. This means they are extremely reliable so you cannot avoid a fatal crash by simply breaking down. This is entirely possible on a Vespa because it is made in Italy.

I knew it! The Vectux loves me and simply strives to protect me ....ROTFL!

Does this include incompetent staff as well? LIFESAVERS if ever there were any. They deserve a funny hat for their efforts...

I therefore hated my experience of motorcycling and would not recommend it to anyone.

The Clarksometer

If you like misery, climb aboard

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage