Maintenance Required Telltale (Wrench Indicator Light) Came On

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
retrodog
retrodog's picture

I've got about 275 miles on the bike and this is Day 8 of operation. I was on a leasurly ride around the neighborhood today and that indicator light came on, and the bike died. Fortunately I was on a neighborhood street with no traffic, so I just pulled over to the side of the road and turned the key off. I let it sit there for a moment and then turned the key back on. The indicator did no illuminate after boot-up. So I drove it on home (approximately one mile). So now it's sitting in the garage and charging.

I just checked the manual and it states that the bike should be checked by a technician when that light comes on. I bought it at a local dealership but I don't thing there are any Vectrix trained technicians there. There could be but I have no idea.

So what are my options and which way should I procede? Is this likely just a glitch and I should keep going for a while to see if it surfaces again, or is this something that needs immediate attention?

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Maintenance Required Telltale --- Came On

I'm putting my money on the Glitch factor.

You gotta remember that these things are actually run by computers. And with computers, you get glitches, you shut down and restart and go on about your business. However, when you get a recurring glitch, or one that leaves you out of commission, then you have it looked at.

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Maintenance Required Telltale --- Came On

Agreed.

But I would still contact the dealer as you might never know, when/if it will happen again and you might worry all the time that it could happen (farther away from home or on a motorway). You should be confident about your vehicle. I suggest they, at least, connect the bike to a computer. Maybe something is out of sync?

pyjohnson

I got the spanner light with a CANbus error code where the trip/milage should be

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3245-my-bike-died#comment-23750

3000 miles later and it's not been on again

Did you notice any error code?

Regards,
Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------
Central Scotland

Hands0n
Re: Maintenance Required Telltale (Wrench Indicator Light) Came

I, too, had the spanner light come on once within the first 1,000 miles of use - at the time I was "givin it some welly" along the A2 flat out at the speed limiter for about five miles. I throttled off down to 50mph, within a few hundred yards/metres/meters the spanner light went out and has not been seen again.

Either it was a glitch, or the bulb has burned out (LOL) as I still ride it hard and fast, not at the limiter so often these days, and 3,000 miles on and its still "cookin on gas".

Marvelous :)

retrodog
retrodog's picture
Re: Maintenance Required Telltale (Wrench Indicator Light) Came

I got the spanner light with a CANbus error code where the trip/milage should be

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3245-my-bike-died#comment-23750

3000 miles later and it's not been on again

Did you notice any error code?

I didn't notice an error code but I'm not sure that I knew to look for one. Ok, strike that, I didn't know to look for one. I will next time though. Thanks.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage