XB-700 LI

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
RANDEL24
XB-700 LI

Hey guys, just joined today,Been looking at this site for some time for a few weeks and decided to go with the xb-700.recieved it tuesday took the decals off,gonna make some custom decals for it,I like the bike although its rather cramped,(knees can hit bars!)going to modify that after the warranty.I know the topic is already out there,but I'd like more power and speed! my buddy across the street and I are looking into it,and will share our findings. Can anybody can help in the meantime? thanks! good day! by the way, great site!

benmart
Re: XB-700 LI

Randel, welcome to the owners of the 700Li. I thought I would like to mod mine to go faster but then reflected that 22 mph is fast enough to get me where I want to go. Here in California the vehicle code specifically prohibits modification to increase the speed.

Wear a good DOT helmet and happy scooting.

Ben - Modesto

ttunes

ditto on the speed. 22-23mph is plenty fast enough. I live in a town of 5000 people -- not big and just how much faster will I get there if going 30? LOL seems like it would be a wasted investment.
I am interested in adding torque for the hills, LED lighting, making the fuses more accessible and adding volt and current meters....just a few things to fine tune an alreadt nice ride.

have fun with the new ride Randel.

Thom

RANDEL24
Re: XB-700 LI after 2 weeks light use

Well,Ive been riding round trip to work about 3 times. Seems to be doing OK,cruise's between 50-60kmh on the speedo,but gps said 21.9 mph. Does anybody know if the 700li gets stronger or faster after a few charging cycles? The owners manual is sketchy! I'd still like a little more oomph on takeoff and top end. Otherwise I'm impressed.I took the lettering and flames off, and painted the floor and faux chain gaurds satin black.It looks way classier! Has any body done shunt mod or any thing yet? A special thanks to benmart and ttunes for the input! oh yeah, its about 5.5 miles round trip to work. thanks, Randel

benmart

Picture_044.jpg
Randel, what a great idea of painting the faux chain guards black. While we on are the subject, check the screws that mount them. Not only are they cheap, but the theads of the mounting bracket are also cheapo and one of my screws stripped and fell out. I have added washers and lock nuts to keep the guards from one day falling off onto the street.

I also removed my flames, but left the "Lithium-ion Hybid" on the back end. One gent told me it wasn't a hybrid until I replied that it was electric/pedal powered. But then who uses the pedals? He also commented that the low windshield didn't do much. I agree as perhaps it was engineered for our Asian brothers who may not sit so high in the saddle.

I did leave on a portion of the lettering on the side cowlings. I trimmed off some letters and now sport "E-SCOOTER" on both sides. It gets a lot of questions and stares. Since I ride to work at night I added a short strip of refelctive tape on both sides of the front splash guards as a sweet-spot for gas-guzzling Kamakazi drivers.

Happy scooting and wear a reflective vest at night...it gives them something to aim at.

Ben - Modesto

ttunes

Cool idea. That paint is a good idea.
Thom

RANDEL24

Hey guy's,I have benn working on eliminating various rattles and discoverd the chain has been hitting the crossbar on the swingarm,gonna wrap some rubber around that.Also I will take the front end apart and strengthen the front section! to get rid of the rattles. Again, how are you charging your units? what's best? Also I failed to mention that my bike is blue/silver and the the chain guards were silver and the satin black helps makes it look less cheap! Has any body any idea to get a little more get up and go yet? Happy Scootin! Randel

benmart

Randel, thanks for confirming the rattle of the chain vs the crossbar on the swing arm. I suspected that is where mine was coming from when I rode over bumps. Be careful where you wrap rubber as the chain rotates counter-clockwise when you push your bike backwards. You can check this by putting the pedals on and pushing the bike backwards. Watch you shins if you are on the bike when doing this.

Happy scooting - wave a friendly hello when they honk at you for going too slow

Ben - Modesto

RANDEL24

104_3606.jpg

Ok, here's what it looks like with the satin black on the body work and FAUX chain guards. E-bike stickers to come soon. Do you guys have your pedals installed or keep them in the trunk? Stereo to come soon. Ben, that is a good idea for weather proofing the controller and wiring. I'm looking into doing something similar myself with the storage pocket (sub trunk with crappy lock) under the seat with vents. Will keep you posted.
Randel

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Randel,

That's a nice clean look. IMHO how it should have been delivered. Very sharp looking. I wish the 700 had been available when I got my 600 about 15 months or 2186 miles ago. Have only had to replace the rear tube and will probably need a new rear tire at 2500 miles. I ride mine daily and have started to bring it inside now that the temps are dipping to 32 and below at night. No garage but large utility room with direct entree door. SLA's drop so much capacity with temp. Have you noticed any drop with the Li batts?

Also It looks like (hard to tell from pic) that the 700 has the same tires as the 600. I noticed the lettering on the left side of the tire though, so maybe they are not the same, as my lettering is on the right side of the tire and the rotation arrow is correct.

If you get a chance take a look and post the tire info for us please.

Happy scooting,
JamesS

RANDEL24

James,the tire size is 16' by 3' by chinese standards, I guess they dont measure the rim size like we do here in the good old U.S.OF A.

RANDEL24

James, the tire size says 16x3,by the way, how is your 600 holding up? have you done any mods lately? Randel-Hanford Ca.

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Yes I know 16x3 , just wondered if it was a different tire than the 600 has. As for the 600 holding up I am at 2388 miles and my batteries are still going strong. No new mods, unless you count pulling the grey covers off the mirrors and tightening the screw that tensions the ball joint of the mirror, so that I only need to re-adjust my mirrors every week or so instead of every few feet. Plus I painted the grey mirror backs blue to match the bike before putting them back on. Got an alarm with remote, but haven't installed it yet. Wired my battery box. unused center pin for 24 volts so if needed I can plug right into my APC computer backup power supply. May never use it, but it is ready to go. I guess that's just the HAM radio operator showing, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Happy scooting,
JamesS

RANDEL24

Dismanted the front plastic cowling, put 1/4 firm one sided foam on joining surfaces to eliminate grinding/clunking,had to cut down aprox to 1/8 on most surfaces so it wouldnt be to tight.Cant find 1/8. Also wrapped rubber tubing around the stop that slides into the brake hub to absorb the shock when you take off or apply the front brake, needs to to be a little thicker, but it's what I had on hand at the moment, will work on that later when I have more time. Anyway, try it! You wil notice a difference! When I have a free weekend I will remove the rear plastics and add 1/8 rubber grommets to aleviate the groaning in that area. When the bike is this quiet,You notice every frickin creak! I'm doing what can to improve this vehicle because I invested 1650.00 and am basicly rebuilding it and trying to turn a 600.00 crate into something I can be proud of! I say 600.00 because it's hard to believe that x-treme payed more than that for them by the lot. I know when I purchased this electric bicycle that it was way over priced, but not this much. Lithium batteries are expensive, but we'll see how long they last!My friend Kyle and I purchased 2 E stinger scooters from save-mart 6 years ago,his dissapeard, but mine, save for the worn out batteries will still go! Sorry for rambling! more to follow! Not done yet, just tired! Randel Hanford Ca.

RANDEL24

James, all I know is I am already looking for fatter tires, hopefully taller so I can get some more top speed,not worried about drag because I always run my scooter tires at max pressure to insure efficency! When I find them, I will let you guy's know! The tires the 700 lI are CST E BIKE PRO LONG LIFE DESIGN, With a aprox 1/2 strip down the center to reduce drag. It's been 38 to 52 degrees here with major fog here, so I haven't been able to do (or cared for that matter) to do a mileage test, I ride a round trip of 5-6 miles.I charge the bike at night when I get home, but I dont charge when I get to work, bike sets for 8 hrs. So far, so good! Batteries are supposed to last for 7-10 years, We'll find out! Randel Hanford Ca.

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Randel,
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like your stock tire is different from the stock 600 tire. Better?, I don't know, but I also want to find a better replacement. Taller would be good as for speed, although wider is not one of my requirements. The stock tires for the 600 are so thin and weak that a flat at any speed would be a disaster. The tire folds under the rim and "squiggles" causing an almost certain loss of control.
All of my flats have been slow leaks so far, well except for the large piece of glass I picked up at at stop light. Light turned green and when I went to take off, wobble, wobble, flat rear tire. Honestly it scares me. at ~28 mph that these flimsy tires can, (will) fail. A heavier tire would not bother me a bit. I can live with the added weight, slower accel, ect. I don't want to hit the pavement again. Hit by a car once, and can tell you it hurts. My Rad2GO scooter had tubeless tires and I never had a flat. Maybe I should look at tubeless tires, even though I would have to use tubes with the stock rims.
Anyone know if tubeless tires will seat to these rims?

Happy scooting,
JamesS

bickyd1a

Check out the posts on "Tires for xb-700li tubless for info about Ride On.
BICKYD

hi-tech_mod-monkey
hi-tech_mod-monkey's picture

benmart
Quick question regarding your post (comment #4), what kind of bags are those on the sides of the bike? I'm looking to add extra storage capacity to my newly acquired XB-700Li. I got it on May 12th.

hi-tech_mod-monkey

Have you made any more mods to your ride? I just got mine a week ago and am already thinking of modifications I could make. If you (or anyone else) have any cool ideas, I'm open to suggestions

hi-tech_mod-monkey

Have you made any more mods to your ride? I just got mine a week ago and am already thinking of modifications I could make. If you (or anyone else) have any cool ideas, I'm open to suggestions

I'm thinking of using an LED motorcycle underglow kit. If I do this, I'd most likely use an alternate power source so that I won't have to splice into the existing wiring. I'd also add a toggle switch so I can turn it on and off, with the switch in the glove box or somewhere in the seat. Maybe add a second switch that I'll embed into the seat itself so that when I'm sitting on the bike, the lights will be off, and when I'm off the bike the lights will be on (if the other switch is turned on).

Let me know what you think.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage