First problem.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
First problem.

Well I am a bit disappointed at getting my first issue at only 800 miles.

Not sure what this is or how serious - I have read similar problems here but not the same (unless I have missed it!)

I last rode the bike 6 miles home on Friday evening. Switched it on this morning (Monday 7am), the bike did the normal diagnostic and then went back to normal. Then the battery and temp telltale lights started flashing. The bike did go into "GO" mode and did move backwards and forwards. So I reset the bike, same thing.

I plugged it into the mains for a moment to get the battery temp - 21c. Reset again, still flashing.

So to summerier - the bike appears to work perfectly apart from these flashing lights.

I did not risk riding it in this morning, took the petrol bike instead - will be phoning vectrix at 9am to ask what they think...

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: First problem.

How long did you plug it in for to get the temperature reading?

It always starts with the display of 21dC for about 30sec, unless you plug it in after the key was in the "On" position for about the same time.

Sounds like a faulty temp sensor to me, they are apparently a notorious weak spot on some of the Vectrixes. My Vectux has the newer temperature sensors which are not so prone to cause problems.

I have seen the "old style" temp sensors on a Vectrix with a serial number ending in between 00940 and 00960; my Vectux has a serial number ending around 01900 and it has the newer temperature sensors.

I do not know if there is a "cutoff" after which the new sensors were installed and/or if they replaced them during the battery rework.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

undead

Thats what the Vectrix tech reckons as well - sensor. They have reacted positively so far, I have nothing to complain about on the service side - they have always been quick to respond so lets see how they do on the repair. Looks like they are going to do a collect and return since sensor is a bigish job. They are going to do the firmware update as well so I will ask what changes have been made when I get it back.

Mik
Mik's picture

Thats what the Vectrix tech reckons as well - sensor. They have reacted positively so far, I have nothing to complain about on the service side - they have always been quick to respond so lets see how they do on the repair. Looks like they are going to do a collect and return since sensor is a bigish job. They are going to do the firmware update as well so I will ask what changes have been made when I get it back.

If they replace all sensors then both batteries need to be removed from the scooter and dismantled down to module level.

If one could determine which sensor is faulty, and if there is not too much of a risk of the next one (of 12) blowing soon as well, then it might be an easier job. The top layer sensors (4) could be replaced much more easily.

If you have been riding and charging or parking over very hot roads often, then you might also want to ask them to rotate the modules so they age more evenly. That is easily done when they are apart, anyway!

Mik
Mik's picture

Looks like marsupi had the same problem on day one:
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/4935-battery-performance#comment-29344

How did that get resolved, marsupi?

marsupi
marsupi's picture

Hi there!
As Mik said I have the same problem on mine. Brought it in last week. Still waiting for a update on the fix. The tech was out of town to coach new techs and they didn't want me to keep running with it and void the warranty. So I'm without my beloved scoot for now. sniff...will keep you posted once I get it back.
Mars.

07 Vectrix, Vego 600 mod.48V 800W, Arcade Alu E-Cycle 24VSachs Hub

Mik
Mik's picture

Could the riders with this problem publsh their approximate serial number (last few digits of the VIN)?

Maybe we can figure out from which number the improved temp sensors have been installed.

undead

Switched the bike on last night to check it again, the warning lights have stopped flashing now - still going to get tech to check it over as i am concerned that this fault went away in 2 days without intevention...

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Self healing! KEWL!! :-)

undead

Engineer just left - friendly chap who sorted the underseat stand problem out, and did the firmware update

No noticable difference apart from when you pull the left brake lever with the killswitch in the off position, it gives a battery temp readout, and the precharge delay reading in there.

Since I have never had the battery bars vanishing problem, I dont know what difference it will have on the accuracy, have been advised to run it down and charge it up a couple of times.

Top marks to Vectrix in sorting this out so quickly, and at my place of work as well!

Mik
Mik's picture

Engineer just left - friendly chap who sorted the underseat stand problem out, and did the firmware update

No noticable difference apart from when you pull the left brake lever with the killswitch in the off position, it gives a battery temp readout, and the precharge delay reading in there.

Since I have never had the battery bars vanishing problem, I dont know what difference it will have on the accuracy, have been advised to run it down and charge it up a couple of times.

Top marks to Vectrix in sorting this out so quickly, and at my place of work as well!

I wonder if they just added a "fix" to the software that recognizes and then ignores faulty temp sensors.

jmap
jmap's picture

Could the riders with this problem publsh their approximate serial number (last few digits of the VIN)?

Maybe we can figure out from which number the improved temp sensors have been installed.

I have the problem too. As I said before, my temperature warnings are triggered when the ambient temperature drops bellow 20ÂșC (more or less). My serial ends on 00068.

jmap
jmap's picture

I wonder if they just added a "fix" to the software that recognizes and then ignores faulty temp sensors.

That seems to be the big question... Would they do such thing like that to hide the fault?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage