R-20 Rear Brake Issue (brakes fell off)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
laserline
R-20 Rear Brake Issue (brakes fell off)

So I was driving my R-20 the other day and i hear a clunk and I pull over and my brakes fell out. It looks like the screws vibrated loose slowly. The problem now is puttin gthem back on... it seems like there's a space inbetween the lip of the brakes and the frame where they both screw in. I don't know if this was seperated by washer or what, but if someone could post pictures of the back of their rear breaks that would be awesome.

laserline
Re: R-20 Rear Brake Issue (brakes fell off)

So this is what I did. The two screw that hold brake on to the wheel, I added 4 washers in between each plate and that seems to create a smooth ride without the brakes slowing down the wheel. I'd still be interested in a picture if someone had one. :)

fcherny

I have a z20b. I'll take a picture of the rear brakes this weekend. I assume they're the same as the R20.

fcherny

And here are the pics. I'm not sure what angle you need to see what you want to see, so I tried all angles:

Z20_Brake_001.jpg

Z20_Brake_002.jpg
Z20_Brake_003.jpg

Z20_Brake_005.jpg

laserline

Those are the right angles and I appreciate the posts. However, that black tube is blocking what I actually need too see, so if you could post some with your hand moving that black wire/tube that would be great. I'm looking to see what part is between the brakes and the frame itself (which the black tube is blocking). It's attached by those two screws that hold the brakes together. If you ever change your brakes those will be the screw you'll take out. When my brakes fell off as i was driving that part fell off too which I used washers instead, but I would still like to know what's supposed to go there. Thanks again!

sgmdudley

I have worked on the rear brakes of a few Electric scooters. Some of them use a spacer
for each bolt between the frame and the brake caliper bracket. Shimming with washers
till the rotor runs free between the pads will work.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage