LifePo4 charger question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
praskal
LifePo4 charger question

I finally joined the 21st century and got a 48V 10ah LifePo4 pack. I am using it with a road runner front hub motor and a 48V 25amp controller. It is really nice. I used to ride around with 72V SLA and a rear X5 beast. It was too much. Now I feel much more nimble and I don't think I have sacrificed anything for speed with my new set up.

Anyhoo, I have no idea how to know when the charger is done charging? The 48V LifePo4 charger has a red and green light which are ALWAYS ON. And it has a fan which is ALWAYS BLOWING. Can anyone suggest any bit of knowledge in this respect?

Arno J. Wulfert
Re: LifePo4 charger question

Hi Patrick,

I have the 48V 20AH Ping LifOPo 4 on my WE Bike/kit... The way I understand it, the light on my battery switches back and forth from red to green to red... etc... This is as it is charging and sincking the individual cells in the battery pack... Dogman, of this website advised me to keep the battery on the charger when not in use during the first couple of weeks.... I still leave it on for a day at a time.... The battery has gotten stronger and seems to work well with the extra long charge cycles... As far as the fan continually running, I think mine only runs when the red light is on (indicating charge cycle)...

Enjoy and good luck...

Cheers and good rides,
Matt

Arno J. Wulfert

dogman
dogman's picture

Hi, same dogman from the other forum. Sounds like your charger is flaky for sure, try charging with your sla charger and see what it does. Attempt to get another one from the vendor. Good luck if it's mr lau.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

praskal

Too bad. Well, I checked the 48V charger with a voltmeter and it is definately putting out 56.6 volts. So I guess it is charging. But I'm not sure it's balancing and doing all that LiFePo4 packs need. Anyway, to hook up my 48V SLA charger I need to somehow find the right 3 prong connector plug somewhere.

Patrick

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage