Help! I can't find a sprocket to fit my Kollmorgen 400W BDC motor!!

1 post / 0 new
Private Nukem
Private Nukem's picture
Help! I can't find a sprocket to fit my Kollmorgen 400W BDC motor!!

Okay, I give. I am converting a Kettler pedal-driven Kettcar into an EV for my son and I have everything I need except a stupid Sprocket!!! I almost don't care how many teeth the stupid thing has, I will manage the speed through a physical limit on the thumb throttle and/or an inline resistor, but I can't find a sprocket that fits the stupid motor!!
Specs: 8mm D-bore shaft on the motor and I have a 12mm adapter from a Currie scooter that I can use, but I need to fit a 12.7mm (1/2 in) pitch sprocket to this stupid thing because I am limited by the driven sprocket on the axle of the car. Everything that I find is for #25 chain which is typical to small scooters but I essentially have to use bicycle chain.
I've worked my way through all of the scooter parts sites and McMaster-Carr, but no luck. I really don't want to spend $150 on the adapter that is used to fit this motor to bicycles (relatively common application).

Help!! I this little thing is turning out pretty cool and my son is real excited but I currently have no way of linking the motor to the driven sprocket - I never thought it would be this tough to find the right sprocket for adaption.....

Thanks, Nukem.

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• gln103

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage