Have I been sleeping?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wotnopetrol
Have I been sleeping?

Since when did the Vectrix come with the iPod dock and a BlueTooth thingy?

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2008/11/the_vetrixi_bik.html

Then read on to the comments.

marsupi
marsupi's picture
Re: Have I been sleeping?

07 Vectrix, Vego 600 mod.48V 800W, Arcade Alu E-Cycle 24VSachs Hub

Hands0n

The author of the article is sensationalising and getting it completely wrong in the process.

I think the sole commentator on that article has hit it bang on the head :)

retrodog
retrodog's picture

That's what happens when you let crack smokers start their own blogs about stuff other than crack smoking.

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Holy crap!!! They added my comments.

Hands0n

I don't normally, but have commented on the Blog also ... FWIW :sick:

jethro

lol just because you have not seen one it does not exsist! I have seen this bike at a show (I can't remember where - Goodwood?)Vectrix uk have had it customised. It has a thumb control built into the throttle housing and a blue tooth helmet. There is a cradle in the glovebox, I wonder if they have thought about the glovebox filling with water?

Hands0n

lol just because you have not seen one it does not exsist! I have seen this bike at a show

Oh, I have absolutely no doubt that customised Vectrix do exist - and I am completely certain that young (?) Lucy would not have generated so much derision had she clearly stated that this was such a customised model. But her blog and the source blog (that was even wrongerer) were very suggestive that this was a production model.

I had to chuckle at the original article's claim that the Vectrix has a 240v 7.5kWh battery - I wish, that kind of capacity is to die for :) All adding to the several dents in the original article's worthiness.

My glovebox does not fill up with water, although I would be very reluctant to pop a couple of hundred quids-worth of iPod in there to rattle around. It is, for me, a very occasional storage and usually houses the slimline manual and service book. Occasionally a soft item will find its way in there, like a bag of sweeties :D

moccasin
moccasin's picture

My glovebox does not fill up with water, although I would be very reluctant to pop a couple of hundred quids-worth of iPod in there to rattle around.

I don't get it. An iPod will run on its own batteries for hours and hours after the Vectrix is already run down to zero range. Why not just keep it in your pocket? I use an iPod Nano when I ride my "other" bike, and it rides on a clip ring on my belt.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage