touch up paint? and parts, jerky start questions

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
coco
touch up paint? and parts, jerky start questions

Hello. I am very new to Zapino and this forum. I believe I searched the forum enough, but I did not find answers I was looking for. If there was post for the same questions, please direct me where I can find them.

Anyway, my questions are:

1. There are some scratches (red) - Is there touch up paint? I was told to use nail polish or ready-to-use auto touch up paint for an automobile.
But it is hard to color match if I have to find an exact touch up because many of them are in the package (so I cannot really the real color.)

2. If body panel is cracked, is this hard to replace them? are they expensive?

3. Is it a bit jerky and jumpy when you start Zapino? Any tips? All all electric scooter are like this? or is mine broken?
I am a bit scared because it does not start smoothly.

4. Anyone using for Zapino for a while (more than a few years) Any problems? Someone said Zapino is cheap chinese made bike that it will break easily.
Any opinion?

5. Breaking - are they strong? My bf said it was hard to stop when he was going around 25-30 mph. I am wondering if Zapino has a decent breaking that if some emergency situation happens, I am able to stop safely.

Hope someone could answer my question. Again, I am so new to Zapino and scooter all together.
Thank you very much for your help.

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: touch up paint? and parts, jerky start questions

1. I don't know for sure but think there's some kind of standard color codes for paint. Perhaps ZAP would be able to tell you?

3. That sounds a little weird. In some cases though an EV pulling out from a stop will do it nonsmoothly. Does it feel like there is mechanical issues?

4. So far as I understand the zapino has gone through several model changes from several factories and that a lot depends on the factory it comes from.

5. Here's a way to test braking. Find a place where you can race around and brake without worrying about other drivers, like a deserted parking lot. Mark off distances that you think are safe stopping distance. Then speed up, approach the start of the stopping area, then hit the brakes real hard, and see how far it requires to stop from various speeds.

There are rules of thumb about stopping distance and a lot actually depends on you and your reaction time. Your reaction time then determines how far you'll travel before beginning a stop, but the bike itself determines how far you'll travel after the stop begins.

verdaelektro
verdaelektro's picture

My Zapino is an 07 that I have owned for one year. So far seems durable, however it is put together with a lot of screws and occasionally they fall out.

The only problem my Zapino had was the breaker wires came loose and were getting carboned up. This affected resistance and triggered the breaker often.

Sometimes my Zapino will start a bit jerky and underpowered. Turning it off and then back on once usually solves the problem.

The disk brakes to be OK. I may weigh too much. :-( When I apply the brakes with serious pressure the scooter stops in a reasonable distance at 40mph.

Check out http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/zapinoriders/

coco

I am so sorry for late reply and thank you very much for your answer!

I have not been able to ride my scooter since I posted my questions, but I will follow your advice.
I will post more questions If i have more questions. Thank you!

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage