Tires for 700Li - tubeless?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
benmart
Tires for 700Li - tubeless?

Now that the bike is running...I managed to get a flat rear tire after running over a heavy-duty staple! These stock tires are paper thin and I've been looking for tubeless or tire liners. Has anyone had any luck in this area? If not, when I head to SE Asia in September I may see what's for sale over there, buy two and check them as baggage...LOL.

RANDEL24
Re: Tires for 700Li - tubeless?

Ben, will slime work? the green no flat stuff. I have had good luck with it.

benmart

Randel, I'll give the slime a try. Have you had to change a rear tire yet? I've done it twice and sure would like tubeless as they can sometimes be fixed on the bike.

Ben - Modesto

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

hi get some green slime . in fit and forget always worked for me on most of my scooters and push bikes and also had a with no spair and also could be potentially dangerous if caravan it got a puncture
and i didn't like the idea of putting extra weight on my bikes and scooters but if you weigh up all the worries all the
time and stuck in middle of nowhere etc etc you get my drift good luck.

bickyd1a

If I recall properly, there is a product mentioned on this site that is supposed to be really effective in dealing with potential flats. It's manufactured in England but they do ship to the US. I was thinking of getting some and from what I've been reading I probably will. When I locate it I'll post a link to the web site.
BICKYD

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Hard to believe but Slime is your friend. Here in SW, New Mexico, I would have a flat every day if not for Slime in my tubes. I can see it weep almost every day from my tires. @#$@n thornes. I still have to add air once a week, but at least my tires stay round. See my post http://visforvoltage.org/forum/4531-saftey-first#comment-32775

Happy scooting,
JamesS

bickyd1a

Found the web site I was looking for. Go to www.ride-on.com to check out they're tire protection sealant, I'm gonna give it a try.
BICKYD

benmart

I just ordered a bottle at $14.27 which is better than the $40.00 for a flatbed tow. Thanks for the web address.

Ben - Modesto

executorvs

I would think you might be able to buy an extra wide tire liner from either slime or mr tuffy and trim it down to fit the wheels on the scooter.
It would probably help prevent flats pretty effectively.
Most bike shops sell them but for the widest ones you might have to go online.

JamesS
JamesS's picture

Any one using a tire liner? I guess living in an area that allows one to ride year round has to have a draw back and that is flats. I've seen the liners advertised, but do they work? Any input?

Happy scooting,
JamesS

bickyd1a

Well, I put in the Ride-On tire sealant and took the scoot for a ride as recommended. I didn't notice any vibration while the product coated the tires. Put in about 4oz in each tire, hopefully this stuff works as advertised and I won't have any blowouts. I'll keep ya posted.
Safe scooting all,
BICKYD

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage