Regeneration Plug in

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
schultzy45
Regeneration Plug in

I need to know if anyone here can tell me if the regen cable is not connected to the display, will the system still work. I picked up a used PL 350 system from a friend who said it worked great. When I got it he couldnt find the regen cable that goes to the magnet and now when I power up, I get 3 beeps and that is it, no display other than backlight. Ive tried pushing the A button and still no assist. Thanks for any help.
Darcy

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
Re: Regeneration Plug in

I have looked through the manuals and can not find any information on a regen cable. What are you talking about? I think you must be somewhat confused as to the function of this cable. What does the cable connect to? You might want to try looking at the information on the V is for Voltage DownLoad LIbrary where you will find the manuals and other information on the Bionx.

Grandpa Chas S.

schultzy45

The function of this cable is that when the rear brake is applied, a magnet mounted on the brake handle must activate a switch on the end of the cable so the motor regenerates. This is what I gather from reading. The problem being, I dont have the cable/switch that plugs in the display and I want to know if the system should work without it.
Darcy

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

The wire you have described has 2 functions, 1 is to cause the regen to operate and 2. is to disable the controller so power is not applied to the motor during braking. I would write to the folks at Bionx and ask them if this switch is normally open or normally closed. If it is normally closed then the control console thinks the brake is on and will not power the motor. An easy way to test this is to jumper across the 2 wires this cable connects to and see if the controller responds to the throttle input. Because it is a switch that is to be on or off, open or closed, shorting the wires is the same as turning the switch to the on or closed position. No damage to the control console will be caused by trying this method of trouble shooting.

Grandpa Chas S.

schultzy45

Thanks for the input Chas and I might try that, but my friend called last nite as he found the cable so I will hook it up to day and see if it works. Thanks again
Darcy

Nelson

I went to the bionx library, clicked on instructions and all I get is a picture of a girl with a knapsack. How do I download the manual?

Canis-Lupus

I went to the bionx library, clicked on instructions and all I get is a picture of a girl with a knapsack. How do I download the manual?

You have to date the girl with the knapsack first. It's part of the French-Canadian way of doing business.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage