Nine Continent Conversion Kit from ebike.ca

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
MattB
MattB's picture
Nine Continent Conversion Kit from ebike.ca

The Nine Continent conversion kit from ebike.ca has been a good upgrade from my old burned out Wilderness BD36.

This kit uses a crystalate pedel first controller, the cycle analyst computer from ebike and the best constructed hub motor that I've seen advertised online.

Compared to the Wilderness brushed BD36, this hub motor is noisier but much more efficient over the same commute. My commute to work and back is 10mi round trip and I'm getting about 2x the range out of exactly the same battery pack used on the new hub motor.

The cycle analyst computer helps a lot with keeping track of the amp/hours used on the batteries. It's much easier to extend range, pedal assist and get the most range out of your batteries possible with this kit.

I bought a Specialized Hard Rock for $400 from a local bike shop to install the new e-bike kit. I have no complaints on either the bike or the e-bike conversion kit. Kudos to ebike for sticking with the development of this much needed form of transportation.

Matt

matts_ebike.jpg

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: Nine Continent Conversion Kit from ebike.ca

Right with you, the 100 bucks I saved on a bd 36 instead of a brushless anything else was a real poor economy. I was so stupid, I bought two before I knew how easy it is to overheat brushed motors. No suprise they stopped selling em. My new aotema brushless runs a lot cooler.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

moostrodamus
Re: Nine Continent Conversion Kit from ebike.ca

Howdy, My First post!

I bought a nine continents kit from ebikes.ca, so far have put about 500km on it commuting 20km to and 20km back from work. I have 4 12v 14ah scooter batteries in the the box on the back. I run it with a72v 30ah pedal first controller, which just requires a strong shove with the foot to get going. good torque, good speed, good deal I'd say.

Last few trips I ran at 28 amps, Didn't see a huge difference in the amps used on the trip, but did notice quite a bit more torque on the hills. The Cycle analyst is way cool, being able to set max amps, and speed, as well as all kinds of useful trip info.

I bought a new Trek 820 to put the kit on, so I call it..."The ELECT-TREK Frankenstein....Mwahahaha.

Project for this weekend...get the front wheel tightened and trued up, spokes seem a bit loose...also put the front tire on the right way...duh.

Elec-Trek_lo.jpg

Wheel_lo.jpg

So far nothing but good things to say about this kit.

Moo

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage