ssface
eZee Sprint GTS range problem

Bike:
. eZee Sprint GTS
. LI Bat. Phylion XH370-10J DC37.0V
. 1,050 miles ...10 months old
. After the first 200 miles the controller failed and I replaced it

Problem:
. after replacing the controller everything worked fine. However, gradually the distance/time before the controller yellow and then red light came on kept getting shorter/sooner. My last ride in Sep. (before winter set in) only got me about 2 miles on the flat and then a 1/4 mile uphill before the red came on and sytems shut down. I was able to turn everything off for awhile and then go again but only for a short while.
. It appears that the bat still has 42 volts left when I test it both when I start and finish.
. I just charged the bat after being stored inside after 4 months. I tested 42V when I started, it took 25 minutes to charge....then it tested 42 V again after the charge was complete.

Questions:
1. What is the expected life of lithium batteries?
2. Has anyone had a similar problem?
3. Could it possibly be another controller problem?

My next step will be shipping the battery/charger to the dealer (300 miles away) to have them do tests...

Any help would be appreciated......thx

WonderProfessor
Re: eZee Sprint GTS range problem

Disclaimer: I am not qualified to answer these questions. I'm struggling to get my hands around the concepts and products and pitfalls before I electrify one of my bikes. But from my experience with rechargeable batteries and from what I've read so far...

1) Lithium batteries should last a good long time. Some vendors advertise from between 1,000 to 2,000 charges and several years of service.

2) Anyone other having similar problems? DK (No, not Donkey Kong, Don't Know), but it sounds as though the battery is bad.

3) It is a problem with the new controller? Probably not. Again, it sounds as though the battery has failed. The previous controller or the new controller might have destroyed the battery but unless you were experiencing very abnormal behavior from either of the controllers, that is unlikely. It sounds as though the current controller is working correctly and the battery is simply not holding a charge.

Please keep us posted as the eZee is one of the kits that is very high on my list. Did you buy it from ebikes.ca? Their reputation is good and their website is very informative.

Good Luck!

ssface

Wonderprof:
I sent the battery and charger to my dealer, (nycewheels), in New york City for a complete test. I have not rec'd. word back from them yet. As soon as I do, I will post results on the forum. To date, Nycewheels customer service has been excellent.
Cheers!

ssface

My dealer called .....and after extensive battery/charger testing has deemed the battery to be OK. They are shipping it back to me with some indstructions on how to run further tests to help diagnose the problem. They are willing to work with me until the problem is fixed.
I will keep the forum informed as to my progress and resolution.
thx...

troutbird

Did you ever get this problem straightened out? I have the same bike, from the same vendor. I haven't ridden it much (am planning to sell it to indulge a desire to get a scooter) but no problems like this -- bought from nyce, too. Would love to hear the "end" if you have one ;-).

kate

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage