Rear Puncture

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
kevin smith
kevin smith's picture
Re: Rear Puncture

hi busby .

Well my rear tyre on the vectrix was well worn to be honest i was really worried.
about some garage to fit my rear tyre . well i nedant worry any more .
As bought the tyre £33.00 brand new and then proceded to take scooter apart but i compleatley forgot about the grub screw anyway as .
if you do like me for get all thats neded is hammer and a wallpaper scraper or a metal filler scraper and tap allaround the crombe cap and hey presto and then spray / drench the rusted in grub and there you go
the rear tyre was a brease done quickly

i couldent of done the job / or would of been orkward with out my trustey 12v car jack was £35.oo put it under the rear of the
battery cos that,s where the centure of graverty is on the scooter with 11" 11" squire 1/2" thick wood as suport as not to do any damage .
Its a bit heath robinson but works every time would idealy be better with two people to steady the scoot when its rising up .

THANKS A LOT FOR THE CENTRE STAND VECTRIX not.............

with our know how its never been a probblem..
kev

RaDy
RaDy's picture

After 11.000 kms i am getting both front and rear tyres chnged for the new MICHELIN City Grips, which is supposed to be better than the Gold Standards. I wanted the Gold Standards but i was told that the new ones were going to replace these in the near future.

In the MICHELIN UK web site it actually has Vectrix (In the name of VETRIX )and recomends the City Grip for it.

see the link

http://www.michelin.co.uk/connected/motorcycles/tyre-selector/?lensId=2W&tyreSegment=6&optionName=brand&brand=vetrix

R
R's picture

i am getting both front and rear tyres chnged for the new MICHELIN City Grips

How are the city grips doing?
RaDy
RaDy's picture

Well, i got both tires changed for CITY GRIPS and the result was that the back tire is perfect in every sense and far more superior than the standard pirelli´s. The problem comes with the front City Grip, i had it for 10 days and it worked perfectly well but made a horrible noise as if it were rubbing with something, the guy told me to try it for a few days and it would go away, at the end it didnt and i got the front tire changed for an new front gold standard. But the guy warned me that it was left over stock and that they are not in production anymore, so when these get waisted then i will have to end up with City Grips!!!

pyjohnson

Is there something about the rear pirelli tyres on this bike that makes them magnetic when they are near the end of their life. My second rear tyre has met it's end with a screw, exactly the same as the first one.

Going to go for a Michelin City Grip this time.

Local bike shop can't supply me the tyre but I can order it over the internet for a good price, but the bike shop want a fortune to fit it.

For those that have, how easy is it to swap the tyre yourself, any reccomended tools and techniques would be appreciated?

Regards,
Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------
Central Scotland

R
R's picture

how easy is it to swap the tyre yourself, any reccomended tools and techniques would be appreciated?

I've swapped the tyres of a Morini 500CC some years ago. It was a nightmare. Try it if you want, but it would be a nice idea to bring the rims to a cheaper bike shop.
snail

I'm midway through my third rear tyre now (Michelin Gold Standard), I've had them all replaced at the local grease monkey every time. They charge me an hour labour for fitting and balancing, which is quicker than I could do it.

I agree with R - shop around for a good deal. I guess the mechanic will initially be worried about an unknown beast, but the user manual is quite good in showing them what to do.

Good luck!

Brian

ElectricLou
ElectricLou's picture

Hello,

How much air can the rear city grip tire hold? I cannot find this information on the michelin web site and want to make sure it will hold enough pressure for the vectrix before I order one.

Thanks,
Louie

R
R's picture

Hi Louie,
I usually overinflate my rear M gold standar to 3.0 bAR. After 13.000 km the tyre is still in good condition.

pyjohnson

How much air can the rear city grip tire hold?

It can hold the same as the Pirelli GTS24

Regards,
Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------
Central Scotland

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002