Replacing the rear wheel assembly for a Electra/Voy Phantom 4

1 reply [Last post]
wrichards

I am new to joining a forum so I hope I am doing this correctly. The fact that this is the first time joining a forum shows how difficult it has been finding replacement parts for a newly acquired Phantom 4. The rear wheel is partially broken. About 1/6 of the outer left side of the rear wheel that has the spline for the tire is broken. While it will ride, and it holds air, there is a bulge in the tire and a bit of a 'thump, thump'. Because I do not have the missing broken piece, I doubt that I can have it repaired. Any ideas where I can get one? I am also interested if it would be possible to upgrade the bike to meet a higher speed and saw several ideas in this forum on how to do so. My objective is to be able to make this bike obtain a 35 mph (or as near as possible). My daily commute is 4 mile each way on without any hills or inclines. So maybe one solution is to upgrade using a different motor and rear wheel. I am new to electric bikes but mechanically able and welcome any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks
Brad

Thanks,
William

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Cruisin
Re: Replacing the rear wheel assembly for a Electra/Voy ...

I can help you make it go faster with more power email me at cruisin@live.com

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

Who Killed the Electric Car? Essential documentary explaining what happened the last time electric cars were killed
e-Bike Kit Electric bicycle conversion kits and accessories
Customize This