bmc 1500w brushless connection help

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
captain capacitor
bmc 1500w brushless connection help

hi there everyone im almost done whit my special project ,altought i dont have any info on how to connect my motor... its a bmc 1500w that i purchase from tim at powerpack motor about 1 year ago.. anyone can help me out whit wiring diagram pls

im gonna use the 1500w motor whit a kelly 150 amp controller (tone down to 100amp max) at 48v whit 4x 35ah sla battery
the whole bike is gonna weight about 250lbs, gear ratio is 4to1 on 14.5 inch tall rear wheel

any of you has idea of the performance im gonna get out of this??

i cannot yet post any picture of my project i will when completed and functionnal (finger cross for run test on next week end but theirs snow all over the darn place...)

well i hope you knowlegable folk can help me out

best regard
Steven

Nichola Tesla rules the electron world!!!

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture
Re: bmc 1500w brushless connection help

Steven,

Sounds like an interesting project. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Sorry, I can't help with the wiring diagram. I bought a PowerPack motor about a year ago, too. I also purchased Tim's 35A contoller so I had no problem plugging it up.

If I did my calculations accurately, the set-up you described should give you about 56MPH theoretically. Seems like the 4:1 ratio is a little fast. I'd be concerned about getting 400# of weight moving from a dead stop. Hope others have better ideas.

We want to SEE it!

Harlow

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

I had the same thought as e-dog, 4 to 1 sounds to high or fast. But the wheel size makes a difference to and with a 14.5 inch wheel I would think 7 to 1 would be a better ratio. If the ratio is too high or fast it will cause the motor to over heat and burn. It will also cause your range to suffer. Sometimes it's better to turn the motor a little faster to go faster while using less power.

Grandpa Chas S.

captain capacitor

hi there i see you two are concern about my gear ratio.. its not exactly 4 to 1 ratio... counting the tooth on each sprocket.. motor is a 20 tooth and wheel is a 80 tooth ..its 4 to 1 if you count the tooth but if i take a rope and make it go around each sprocket well it takes close to 6 motor rope to go around wheel sprocket...\ im not really a mechanic. but even tought using 4qt road speed calculator im comming up whit a 43mph (69 kph) for a 4-1 ratio... at 4000 rpm
my goal is to go 60kph

if anyone has, i still need the wiring diagramm for this motor in order to hook it up
ive sent a message to tim at powerpack,he nicely reply asking me what where the color of the wires comming out ive replyed to him but no return yet... sad tought i whanted to power up the bike this weekend comming...

best regard

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

The gear ratio is calculated by the number of teeth on a sprocket or gear. How far a rope will go around it has nothing to do with the ratio, 20 tooth to an 80 tooth is 4:1. If you roll the bike and count the number of times the motor turns for ever revolution of the wheel you will see a 4 to 1 ratio. With a 14.5" wheel I believe you will be looking to lower the ratio to about 7 to 1. I know it doesn't seem right but the greater the ratio the lower the gear is said to be. A higher gear ratio would have a small ratio, like 2:1.

Does anyone have a diagram for his 1500 watt Motor?

Grandpa Chas S.

captain capacitor

hi there again well i sat down next to my project... came to realize that you two are correct... my ratio will be to high it was ok cuz previous tire/wheel was on 12.5 inch total and the new tire/wheel is close to 15 inch altought this bmc motor is the whorst to fit something on has for a sprocket its a 7/8 shaft wht 1/4 keyway
well in standart it dosent exist its 7/8 whit 3/16 key so it makes it hard to find 8mm chain sprocket have to get a 7/8 sprocket and weld it to a 8mm gear...
but i will fix that!!

wiring diagramm for the motor anyone??

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage