Cable broken on XB-500

3 replies [Last post]
JDT23

The motor cable wrapped around the axel and snapped almost in two. I called Xtreme and they said I have to buy a new motor. It looks to me though that if I could get into the motor that I could fix the broken wires and be back in business. I just cant seem to figure out how to get the motor open. I just found this forum and thought someone out here has probably seen this before. Can anyone help me with this or am I destined to purchase a new motor?

--Jim

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
JDT23
Re: Cable broken on XB-500

tire1.jpgtire2.jpg

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I have no idea whether you'd be successful with what you're thinking to do. You are not the first to have their cable wrap around the axle on their x-treme scooter. There's been a couple other people on this here site report the same problem.

I believe you can open that motor by extrapolating the method I used to clean my EVT hub motor. The basic idea is to unscrew the bolts holding the motor together then use a gear puller to push the halves of the motor apart. I made some good pictures about the process though for a different motor design.

- David Herron, Green Transportation Examiner, The Long Tail Pipe, davidherron.com, 7gen.com, What is Reiki
- Electrified Electra Townie, 1971 Karmann Ghia (since sold), Kia Soul EV

AztecFemBone
AztecFemBone's picture

Keep going on this forum for some of the older pages. This axle spinout is a common problem and a severe design flaw.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Website hosting with Dreamhost
V3 Cycle Analyst for Electric Bikes Ebike Display The Cycle Analyst V3 dashboard with speedometer sensor and magnet is a great addition to any Ebike
Reinventing Fire: Bold Business Solutions for the New Energy Era
The Electric Vehicle Conversion Handbook
Taking Charge: The Electric Automobile in America
Stick it to OPEC bumper stucker

Who's new

• eurostarautogallery
  • choise
  • PowerDirtBikes
  • millzy555
  • chonda
Customize This