Cable broken on XB-500

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
JDT23
Cable broken on XB-500

The motor cable wrapped around the axel and snapped almost in two. I called Xtreme and they said I have to buy a new motor. It looks to me though that if I could get into the motor that I could fix the broken wires and be back in business. I just cant seem to figure out how to get the motor open. I just found this forum and thought someone out here has probably seen this before. Can anyone help me with this or am I destined to purchase a new motor?

--Jim

JDT23
Re: Cable broken on XB-500

tire1.jpgtire2.jpg

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I have no idea whether you'd be successful with what you're thinking to do. You are not the first to have their cable wrap around the axle on their x-treme scooter. There's been a couple other people on this here site report the same problem.

I believe you can open that motor by extrapolating the method I used to clean my EVT hub motor. The basic idea is to unscrew the bolts holding the motor together then use a gear puller to push the halves of the motor apart. I made some good pictures about the process though for a different motor design.

AztecFemBone
AztecFemBone's picture

Keep going on this forum for some of the older pages. This axle spinout is a common problem and a severe design flaw.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage