XB-500 vs. XB-700li

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oniondip
XB-500 vs. XB-700li

Hi,
This is my first post and I'm looking to buy either an XB-500 or 700li this week but I'm a little curious about a few things.

With the cost of an XB-500 being $549 why would I want to spend over $1000 more for the XB-700li if they both max out at the same speed?

I know the 700 uses lithium batteries but to date there are more mods for the XB-500 like the 72 volt speed mod and the shunt mod.

Is the 700li better quality or what? Basically what I'm asking is if the 700li is really worth the extra cost?

Thanks I love this site

RANDEL24
Re: XB-500 vs. XB-700li

Dip, I am a owner of an xp700 and I have ridden it for approximately 3 months,So far, I like it I have not experianced any malfuntions other than poor quality, but I knew when I purchased this vehicle it would be a work in progress. I've had it apart 3 times to fix a number of quirks.I'm still looking for a way to change the 56 watt lightning system. thats right! I said lightning! How do get 56 volt lights out of a 48 voltge If you're not mechanicaly inclined, and want a turnkey bike, albeit turn & go, then, I would consider options,I have yet to find a price on the motorino bike's!and from what I've gleamed from this wonderful site. Again,somebody throw us a bone here!Sorry,tired.Thanks guys! Randel Hanford Ca.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Just some advice...

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

scootoregon

Believe me, I understand the negativity regarding Xtreme products but I have just today topped 740 miles on my XB 700Li. The absolute only issue that ever had me concerned was that about 3 times now I have had the "throttle" not engage when I twist it. But after a couple more twists it takes right off.
I am not easy on this thing. I use it to commute and I don't stop working because of rain or below freezing temps. The only condition that stopped me from riding was packed snow on the road. I have not modified any of the internal components as some others have either.
The main reason I bought the 700 as opposed to others was that I have had bad experience with SLA batteries and wanted something with a lot more solid performance and life cycle. As far as I am concerned I am a happy customer.

Happy and safe scooting, Scott.

benmart

Scott, I had a similar problem with the XB700Li trottle not responding. Unfortunately for me, this was a precursor to the hub motor going out. Was it related...who knows. Even though it weas covered by warranty, it was a great disappointment having such a failure so early in ownership.

After fixing the broken hub motor, Extreme sent me a spare motor and controller. Like you, the weather doesn't stop me from my daily ride to work.

As long as it's working I'm happy. Now if only Extreme would send me that license plate bulb on back order since August 08!

Wear a Helmet.

Ben

Ben - Modesto

ttunes

Spare motor and controller -- wow it seems Xtreme is wanting to keep you off their tail. Cool. Nice to have spare parts!

I finally got my burned out lamp....can't believe it takes so long. I was sort of wondering if the long replacement time is to help keep warranty cost down. Thinking that if a part fails and they "honor" the warranty by sending a new one 5 months later they can be fairly certain it won't fail under warranty again.

Have a great day.
Thom

benmart

Having contacted the Iowa State Attorney General must have had something to do with the spares. In addtion, when I head to Thailand/Cambodia in October I'll bring back 20 or so spare bulbs/lamps.

Ben - Modesto

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage