Bike Comparable to XTreme XB-500

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
saderax
Bike Comparable to XTreme XB-500

I was considering buying an XB-500, but thanks to the advice of the members of this forum, I have decided against it. Can anyone recommend a comparable vehicle? Electric powered, and pedals are a must. It will be driven approx. 5mi / day.

Thanks in advance.

colin9876
Re: Bike Comparable to XTreme XB-500

Which country are you in? Theres quite a few models to choose from in the UK, 250watts (so its legal but with off road switch) + pedals. The ´FUN´ range are quite good theres 9 different models and they start at around 500pounds on ebay ($700)

saderax

Sorry for my ethnocentricity :). I'm looking for bikes in or available to the US.

dogman
dogman's picture

Hard to do much better than the kits from ebikes-ca, ampedbikes, or hightekbikes mounted on a mountain bike, or comfort bike. For that range, the nicad or nimh batteries from ebikes ca are perfect. If you are REALLY on a budget,get a Wilderness energy kit including sla batteries from an ebay vendor, and put it on a bike from a garage sale. Five miles is easy for sla's, and the kit will go about 22 mph with a 180 pound rider. Go with anything but sla's if you have some money. We can get lots more specific if you tell us more about what you want, speed, carry stuff, etc.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage