EVcast #190: 32.7 Million EVs by 2015 - Interview with the Lady Who Wrote the Report

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
EVcast #190: 32.7 Million EVs by 2015 - Interview with the Lady Who Wrote the Report

EVcast #189: Optimism

These two podcasts discuss a recently released study claiming "32.7 Million Electric Cars by 2015" .. that's worldwide, but the definition is 3- or 4- wheeler enclosed vehicles you would call a "Car". Not scooters or bicycles or skateboards.. cars. I think it also includes hybrid EV's though in my mind it's not electric unless you can plug it in.

The episode #190 is an interview of the person who wrote the report and it's very interesting. She has credentials a mile long but hey it is a prediction and it could be wrong.

I gathered a few nuggets that are her basis for the prediction -- first, it's the $9-20,000 vehicles that are configured for around town use, not the ultra long range. She said there's a lot of people in urban areas (not necessarily the U.S.) who are up and coming middle class (not necessarily in the U.S.) who want better around town transportation. Second, the $4/gal gas we had last year (eh? it was over $5 here in CA) will just get more expensive in the not-too-distant future. She didn't use the phrase 'peak oil' but it's clear that's where her thinking is.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: EVcast #190: 32.7 Million EVs by 2015 - Interview with ...

Hi David, thanks for the link!

How can you download the mp3's from there to listen to them whilst commuting on your EV?

I don't have time to sit at the computer and listen, I can read it much faster.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: EVcast #190: 32.7 Million EVs by 2015 - Interview with ...

It's part of a podcast. That means they publish an RSS feed.. I use iTunes, subscribe to the podcast, and then listen through iTunes however it can easily copy to an iPod from iTunes. There are other podcast subscription applications that can perform a similar service e.g. if you have a different MP3 player than iTunes.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage