Joined the 72v club

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
68snewpy
Joined the 72v club

I'm not sure who else has tried this except zerogas but he inspired me to give it a go. I had already upgraded my controller to one from e-crazyman that has 100v capacitors and lots of mosfets. The controller is only rated for 48v but so far it seems fine. Time will tell. Speed seems good but the cool weather is really limiting the output of the sla batteries.

captainslug
captainslug's picture
Re: Joined the 72v club

I'm not sure who else has tried this except zerogas but he inspired me to give it a go. I had already upgraded my controller to one from e-crazyman that has 100v capacitors and lots of mosfets. The controller is only rated for 48v but so far it seems fine. Time will tell. Speed seems good but the cool weather is really limiting the output of the sla batteries.
------------

His 48V, 60V, and 72V controllers all use pretty much the same components, but are flashed with different settings for the expected nominal battery voltage (specifically the low voltage and overcurrent protection settings).

zerogas
zerogas's picture
Re: Joined the 72v club

NICE! Welcome to the club, 68snewpy! I tried one of the e-crazy controllers, but I got a baaaaad shudder when using it. Someone mentioned using resistors to change the way it delivers power, but I figured I'd just mod the stock controller. How is it working for you? What's your speed, etc....

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage