I am stuck in regenerative mode....and I can assure you it is very very tiring....

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
sutski
sutski's picture
I am stuck in regenerative mode....and I can assure you it is very very tiring....

Morning All. I am stuck in gen mode. both A and G graphics are off and the little G that comes on when you are breaking is the only graphic on? Any ideas? it seems to be stuck in engine-brake rather than a gen mode setting I think ? i have unplugged etc and of course I gave everything a good waggle and kick?

So yes, it is like riding with the brakes on (until I switched off..)...now considering I am a lazy git, this was not what i bought in for!! haha...first time I have been out of breath in 228kms riding since new haha.

I love this kit. it is really the best thing I have ever bought. and that includes my 350Z haha. Seriously!! I used to ride BMX when i was at school so I used to do jumps and stuff, so rediscovering biking and hooking up a BIONX kit to a modern MB has been soooo cool! Can't believe it's taken me so long to even upgrade to disc brakes! I must admit to getting a bit of air around town as well now though...there are some great on ramps onto bike paths and pavements etc. and when you hit them at 37km/h you can really get some hang time!! even riding a tank like mine!

I have put on wider downhill handlebars and big old downhill mud tyres front and back after blowing out 2 back tires in 2 days as I got the airs going...everything seems to have stood up ok, I have done about 25 jumps now with no drama, but you do come down with a clatter when you get a good one...I blew off the backlight and mudguard yesterday landing one, bits all over the pavement haha...unbelievably two roller blade honeys picked up the pieces and handed them over with a swiss "ccoooool".... 37 and still knockin 'em dead eh! haha.

Anyway, any suggestions, fell free to shout!

Cheers! sutski!

Andre
Re: I am stuck in regenerative mode....and I can assure you ...

Hello,

It looks like the magnetic brake sensor is out of alignment. Better have a close look at it and understand exactly how to set it up properly. This should bring back your bike to normal functionality.

André Tremblay
Montréal

sutski
sutski's picture

Thanks André, I have looked as far as I can, but see nothing obvious. When you say out of alignment, is that up by the brake lever or down near the motor would you think ?! Cheers!

sutski
sutski's picture

Right. Defo to do with brake as i unplugged the wire to the brake from controller and it all works perfect now, including the 4 regen modes, but now with no regen on braking? I cant see anything to adjust or align, it is just a cable glued under the brake mechanism? no idea how it can be out of alignment? any ideas folks? Cheers! Pleased to be back in action though !! woohoo!! Who cares its snowing!!

sutski
sutski's picture

OK, so I know it looks like i am talking to myself, but if i needed this problem answered, i am guessing someone else will someday! I have lost the wee white magnet under the brake lever...never even knew I had one!!

Thanks to Electric Cyclery for the info. Go visit them, they rock.

http://www.electriccyclery.com

Hi Tim,

Under the rear brake handle there should be a small white magnet. This magnet needs to be almost touching the black sensor wire that plugs into the console.
When you squeeze the brake, the senosrs separate and the regen mode activates. When you release it goes back to normal.

Hope this helps,

feel free to give us a call,

Kevin
Electric Cyclery
910 North Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
tel. 949 715 2345
http://www.electriccyclery.com

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76