Converting Schwin S 750

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
OldGuy
Converting Schwin S 750

Will a bicycle fork fit into the front of an S750? Seems to me that a larger front wheel would make the scooter roll a lot easier.

Old_Scoot
Re: Converting Schwin S 750

I'm not an engineer, but I don't think rolling resistance is related to wheel diameter. Tire width, inflation, tread compound, tread pattern, bearing quality, and lubrication all play a role, but I'm not aware of wheel diameter being a factor.

OldGuy

I'm thinking about the front wheel rolling over lips, lumps, small bumps, cracks, gaps, small potholes, etc. Also, I would prefer a good bicycle wheel, tie, and especially tube, to the piece of junk tube that came with my S750. The valve stem has already cracked after less than 10-15 miles. A good bicycle wheel would be a lot more durable and easy to work on, plus a bicycle tube wouldn't have to be ordered with $9 shipping added. I already see the future of this electric scooter money hole.

Old_Scoot

Yes, that makes sense. These small wheels can definitely get umm exciting when bouncing over road imperfections. Of course depending on the size wheel you choose it is going to raise the front hub height which will tilt the deck back, I'm not sure how that will affect handling or ride comfort.

BeginnerThought

I had the same idea and am still in the process of working it out. Currently I have a pair of suspension forks from a 26" wheel mountainbike in the frame of the s-750 and at full compression the tire rubs on the bottom of the battery pan. The other issue I have found is, the "Rake" or angle of the forks in relation to the pressure being applied makes them want to flex forward. My next step is to get a 20" BMX type wheel and mount it, as the axle diamter and sidth are the same. This should solve both the clearance issue and the rake putting too much lateral stress on the head tube of the forks. Ill post a pic as soon as I get them mounted. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if you can get a BMX hub with a rotor mount for disc?

OldGuy

So a bicycle fork will fit into the electric scoots? I have an old 20" BMX bike lying around. Something new needs to be created. I am tired of all of the limitations of my 750. Batteries are a serious problem. They are too small, and even with proper care, they don't last long.

I'm thinking that one has to build their own scoot to get what they need.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage