XB-600 or XB-300Li

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jazzyman
XB-600 or XB-300Li

Hello Everybody, I just wanted to first thank all of you for the great postings here. I have been reading all the postings fro a few months now in order to try to get an idea of what E-bike to purchase. Unless anybody has any better bang of the buck I have really been focusing on either the XB-600(Scooter) or the XB-300Li(Mountain Bike). I have a few questions that I hope all of you here and help me with.. First I have seen both good reviews and bad reviews for the US importer for these bikes. (Yes Articfox I did your suggested google search.) I was planning to purchase the bike online and finish assembly on my own, but I would like to know if people have had better luck recently with their purchases? It seemed to me that they had improved their shipping quality reciently from what I have read.(I have seen several websites all listing the same sub $1000 price point on each, where as the local store price and after tax I am looking at almost $1400 for the exact same bike.) Now here's the bigger question...which bike do you think would be better for a heavier guy? XB-600 with the shunt mod, or the stock XE-300Li? Also I am familiar with the lifespan of the Li-on batteries from laptops so I know that they usually only have a useful lifespan of about 360 cycles and they are more expensive to replace but maybe they have some hidden benefits besides being lighter? Thank you all for your assistance!

sixpax2k9
Re: XB-600 or XB-300Li

I just bought my xb-600 from www.monstermotorscooter.com last week. They ship directly from Alpha products in IA i do believe. I paid $1024 delivered to my door via UPS freight. It took 5 business days to arrive, and I had no problem whatsoever.

I think for a heavier guy the xb-600 with shunt mod would work a WHOLE lot better. Unless I am mistaken, SLA batteries have around a 300 cycle life span.

However, if you ever plan to actually PEDAL the bike... the xb-300LI would be a LOT better. I am very happy with my xb-600, which I have added a 5th battery to and done the "shunt" mod to.

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

Jazzyman

I was leaning toward the XB-600, I already have a nice regular Hybrid bicycle that I ride regularly but I have been looking at the e-bikes as a nice and eco-friendly ride for short hops around town without working up such a sweat. The 600 seems to be better for taking to the mall, grocery store, movies etc where it's going to be locked up for a little while and better storage options. I think I would be more concerned that somebody would try to steal the 300li or at least the battery pack/hub motor. But I wasn't sure how much of a boost the Li-on batteries and some average pedaling would really increase the range on the 300Li though, also I am sure less stops from the local law agencies (Seems there is a new post monthly about people getting wrongly ticketed.) So your XB-600 shipped and arrived without any issues? That's great! Hopefully I will hear a few more good shipping reports/reviews. Thanks Sixpax

captainslug
captainslug's picture

If you want a decent electric bicycle you will pretty much have to build one yourself. All of the pre-made models are woefully underpowered or are just generally poorly made as bikes.

Their advantage is that you can take them more places, they're lightweight, and pedaling is easy. The downside is that you'll have to do-it-yourself, and the low weight makes it easier to steal.

sixpax2k9

perhaps you should also consider just buying a conversion kit for your current bike. You could put a hub motor in your front tire and mount a battery pack/controller. Just an idea. As far as I know, u just replace your existing rim with the hub motor rim, hook up the controller to the motor and batteries, run the wires for the throttle to the handlebars, etc.

It could be done for a fraction of the cost of a new e-bike if you are up to the challenge.

Dave

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage