Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
It's Earth Day ..and..

How are we all doing? Anything special?

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: It's Earth Day ..and..

The local electric auto association (SV EAA http://eaasv.org/) has organized a series of showings of our electric vehicles. The one I chose was at the local high school, so yesterday I was in a high school parking lot during their lunch hour. The main part of it was the electric vehicle owners they got to come. a) a City-El, b) a Ford Ranchero conversion, c) my Lectra, d) a Tesla Roadster, e) a Xebra, f) and one other I forget

I was hoping for more conversation but the kids just blew on by for the most part.

I was parked next to the Tesla Roadster and of course that drew the majority of lookers. Funny though that most of the kids said "That's a Lotus" and didn't know about Tesla, leading the Tesla owner to say that Tesla PR obviously hasn't reached everybody. Others said "look at the hybrids" and we had to explain the difference between hybrid and electric.

It did make me appreciate all over again the difference between making this a one-day-a-year thing, and making it an every-day activity.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage