Upgrade Ideas for X-Treme 500 scooter

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
david93705
Upgrade Ideas for X-Treme 500 scooter

I have an x-treme 500 scooter for the past year and its has been running grreat, but with of course some minor problems (fuses, battery, and tires). Now currently i can ride it for a distance of 8 miles cruising or 3 miles at full throttle and my top speed is 15mph, it would go faster and longer if i weighed less I weight about 240lbs.

Now I have been considering on trying to maybe upgrade my scooter. I have read post and google websites, but there has been no idea of what to do first or if its even possible.

Specs on my scooter:
500 watt 48 volt motor
48 Volt Scooter Controller
(4) 12 Volt - 9 AMP batteries.

I was first thinking about changing my motor to 1000w 48volt or 36volt for about $150.
People have mentioned about changing controllers in giving out more power but I don't know of what would be the next level of controller. And last but not least would be changing my batteries to LifePo4 48v 10amp batteries which are lighter and last longer plus its suppose to give more distance.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cruisin
Re: Upgrade Ideas for X-Treme 500 scooter

Here is what I suggest you do for a upgrade on your Xtreme 500.

1) Replace existing DC 12v converter to 75v dc-dc 12v converter
2) Add a Li-ion 16v 12a battery pac
3) Add 60v charger
4) Replace existing controller with 72v (adjuastable LVC)
5) For the ultimate, replace existing 500w motor with 1500w

I have done many like this and the reults exceed expectations.
Info provided by cruisin [at] live.com

richardb
richardb's picture
Re: Upgrade Ideas for X-Treme 500 scooter

Now I have been considering on trying to maybe upgrade my scooter. I have read post and google websites, but there has been no idea of what to do first or if its even possible.

I was first thinking about changing my motor to 1000w 48volt or 36volt for about $150.
People have mentioned about changing controllers in giving out more power but I don't know of what would be the next level of controller. And last but not least would be changing my batteries to LifePo4 48v 10amp batteries which are lighter and last longer plus its suppose to give more distance.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Well, this is right down my alley. Here's what I have done to my XB-500
* Shunt mod on the controller, which raises the maximum current fed to the motor from 15 amps to 25 amps.
* Re-wire the bike, locating the controller to under seat area, to decrease length of power wires.
* Add two 12V 18 AmpHour batteries under seat, increasing speed to about 28 MPH
* replace rear tire (2.5 X 12) with bigger tire (3.0 X 12) giving additional speed and smoother ride.
* switch added to switch between 48V and 72V
* Configured the wiring so that 48V is supplied to the ignition switch, DC-DC Converter, and Controller ON/OFF wire, thus eliminating the need to change to a higher voltage DC-DC converter.

You can read my entire blog about these modification, and other technical notes at my personal website:
XB-500 Modification

All that said, I think you might be more satisfied if you were to buy a bigger bike, something like the XB-3500, which would handle your size much better, and give you better performance than you could possibly get with all the mods. The XB-500 is not suitable for a rider more than about 150 pounds. the brakes are simply not strong enough to stop any more weight than that when going 30MPH. especially when the weight is compounded by the extra batteries to gain the extra speed.

Dickey_b
Waste Not, Want Not

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage