V.I.P. Batteries on eBay - warranty not honored

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Richard145
V.I.P. Batteries on eBay - warranty not honored

I bought a V.I.P. 12v 12ah battery on eBay about nine months ago. This battery was listed with a one year warranty, and seems to be going bad. The seller, Batterymonster, has not responded, and eBay, so far, does not seem to be willing to do much about it. The moral of the story: don't expect Batterymonster to honor a warranty, perhaps do not expect quality from the V.I.P. batteries (they are cheap though), and don't expect eBay to do anything about warranty issues.

Richard145
Re: V.I.P. Batteries on eBay - warranty not honored

Update: V.I.P. battery may not be as bad as I thought. A few weeks ago, I lost power at about two thirds of the usual trip to and from work. The original WE BD36 batteries (a little over a year old, maybe 50 charge cycles) were at 12.0 volts, and the V.I.P. battery (nine months old, maybe 35 charge cycles) was at 11.6 volts. Today I rode the same distance as to and from work, about 8 miles, with plenty of power left when I got home (would still do 27mph on flat, 30mph at full charge). Do some SLA batteries need some kind of "reconditioning" after they have not been used for the winter? I usually connected them to the charger every few weeks to maintain full charge during the winter.

Gasoline? No thanks.
RL

Richard145
Re: V.I.P. Batteries on eBay - warranty not honored

Update re: eBay: they are still allowing the seller, Batterymonster to advertise with a one year warranty, despite several contacts to eBay customer service about the warranty not being honored.

Gasoline? No thanks.
RL

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage