Picture of the results of upgrading from 48V to 65V with a Hi-Amp controller

1 post / 0 new
Cruisin
Picture of the results of upgrading from 48V to 65V with a Hi-Amp controller

DSCF0004 (2).JPG
After completing the upgrade and before charging the batteries which included the addition of a 16V 32amp Li-ion battery pac to the existing 48V, I took this guy out for a ride and was able to take a picture of the speedometer. It only reads KM so you will have to calculate it to MPH. It was still going faster, but not with me on it riding with one hand and holding the camera with the other. I just wanted to post this as factual so members can see what can be done if they are not happy with the speed of their ride. Not all 500watt scooters will benefit this much from this upgrade, but have found the majority will. The important thing is that we are staying away from the 72V for many reasons. When charging a 72V system, voltage can be as high as 80V +. Way too much for these puppies. When charging the 65V system the voltage shuts off about 70V. This is a good limit to stay out of trouble and provides about 5V more than the 60V system. I like being a little on the safe side. I should also say that the DC converter, controller and motor also like and tolerate the 65V verses 72V. The picture was provided by cruisin [at] live.com.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage