Is it OK to skip tr charging?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mik
Mik's picture
Is it OK to skip tr charging?

I am planning a trip with three charging stops.

The 4 parts of the trip are about 23km, 19km, 27km and 22km long.

I want to charge for short times only, so that it does not take forever.

Because much of the trip is on 100km/h speed limit roads I will have to go quite fast much of the time to avoid getting run over.

Because of this, the third part (27km) could pose a problem; it has some hills at the end, too...

Just completing CP charging at the second stop might not be enough. But I do not want to wait 15min for tr to finish before the 3A CC charge starts.

Does anyone think it would cause problems to unplug right at the start of tr and plug in again right away to go straight to CC charging? (Only if the battery is not hot, of course.)

The time saved may not seem like much, but I will also have to do the return trip the same day and it all adds up!

This would also be an important question for when travelling long distances with a generator (on board or in a support vehicle) is being planned.

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Is it OK to skip tr charging?

I think you have nothing to worry about. When NiMh batteries are charged for RC models, they lower the current from max. set current when they get to the max. charge, gradually, without any TR phase.

CC is about C/10 anyway. I would wait for a minute or so before plugging it in again.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage