Do Green Light Triggers Really Work?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tanner
Tanner's picture
Do Green Light Triggers Really Work?

My Zapino rarely triggers traffic lights to turn green while I'm waiting at a road intersection. I'm not sure what needs to be sensed to make the signal light to turn green, but this device claims to solve the problem - http://www.heeters.com/temp.shtml#greenlight (see bottom of the web page) Does anyone have experience with this type of device and would like to report whether it works? The description on the website is vague.

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Do Green Light Triggers Really Work?

I don't know about those devices but have an observation about the detectors.

It seems they vary in sensitivity meaning the city can probably adjust them. e.g. I know of one in Los Gatos which doesn't trigger with my gas motorcycle but that bike readily triggers other sensors. The other observation is the street in front of my house is a "bicycle boulevard" designated by the city for bicycle traffic. The sensor at the next intersection is so sensitive it detects me on my bicycle w/ no problem. I routinely ride into the the turn lane & immediately the lights turn and away I go.

Tanner
Tanner's picture
Re: Do Green Light Triggers Really Work?

Yes, that is my experience too. I actually try to ride on a route where I know the traffic light sensors will trigger. I have noticed that the one by the high school always triggers, while others never trigger.

I did a little more research on the Green Light Trigger by reading the material on the manufacturer's website at: http://www.greenlightstuff.com/trigger.html They say pretty much what you said about some sensors being so out-of-wack that it would take an armored car to trigger the traffic light.

Steve Tanner

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage