Maximum kilometres or miles

197 posts / 0 new
Last post
RaDy
RaDy's picture
Re: Maximum kilometres or miles

Well, here i am again, after a long long time, i have re-fallen in love with my Vx-1 this summer, im using it all the time since June , but ive only put a 1000kms on it, so that makes it a total of 20.000kms in 3 and a half years, Its still perfect in all forms, ride, noise , battery strength and range, im still a very happy owner althoug i dont really do many kms in it now, ive put those 10.000kms in my Nissan Leaf, altough its something totally different and ill still love and use my Vectrix 3 months a year!!
regards to all of you and im very happy to see the forum still very alive!
Rajesh

Gedrod

I have Vectrix 1722, it has done only 1200 km! despite being a 2007 manufacture - the previous owner didn't use it much and then it was off the road for a few years. So I'm looking forward to many years to come.
Cheers

AndY1
AndY1's picture

My Vextix has 15000+ kilometers on the odo, but I mainly drive my Opel Ampera now:

//shrani.si/t/K/ay/1C1nb55v/20120709125855.jpg)

I bought an electric car because I have a 20 month old daughter and I have to drive her to day care and back. Before that I drove Vectrix for all my needs.

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

hi andy .
i have been lucky enough to have driven the opel ampera lefthand drive
thought it WAS GREAT...... and if anyone has one in west yorkshire i would love to drive one again ....pleeeeez
well can i ask is there much diffrence to the vauxhall car ? and the price in england for the top spec is £33k ouch i will have to wait for the cars to be aprox 3/5 years old b4 i acn afford one
these cars are under estamated once driven not forgotten ...kev

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Apart from the right hand drive the Vauxhall should be identical to the Opel Ampera. The Volt on the other hand appears to lack the driving mode in which you can chose to save your battery power for the end of the trip, but otherwise is the same thing too.

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

Hi all,
Today I passed the 30.000 Miles mark on my trusty old VX1!
Still on the original NiMH batteries and using the Laird firmware since 2012.

Still driving the bike daily and the range is still over 40km with speeds above 80km/h
I expect to reach 50.000 Kilometres before my Brammo Empulse arrives (June according to the dealer) which will be a very nice milestone to say goodbye to this fantastic bike.

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

antiscab

90000km.JPG

so I passed 90'000km

bitter sweet as my motor controller died shortly after

I swapped a spare in (with my new terminals) and I'm back to being able to use full throttle

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

PJD
PJD's picture

Has anyone ever verified the accuracy of their odometers?

I assume it does not suffer from the always-high readings of Chinese products, but has anyone verified this?

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Hi everyone, back again like every summer driving my Vx-1 and clocking more and more kilometres every year. Now with total of 26.100kms, still fantastic to use, still with the original nimh pack and without any problem since i bought it in 2009. I have a range of between 45 and 50km in real driving conditions at good pace.
Seeing your posts i can still dream with maybe 40.000kms at this pace, probably another 4 years for me! :)

antiscab

Has anyone ever verified the accuracy of their odometers?

I assume it does not suffer from the always-high readings of Chinese products, but has anyone verified this?

My daily ride to work is 10.1km according to www.whereis.com.au

my Vectrix says it is 10.3km

I'd say the accuracy would be within 5% (that's actually the best you can get for a number of reasons, tyre wear, moving around on a straight road, etc)

Daily Ride:

elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture

I could probably win lowest miles, less than 700 on both bikes, I am encouraged that I have a lot of miles left in the bikes.
In the process of converting one to lithium and ride it till it stops. With 450 miles on the clock should be a long while.

elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture

I could probably win lowest miles, less than 700 on both bikes, I am encouraged that I have a lot of miles left in the bikes.
In the process of converting one to lithium and ride it till it stops. With 450 miles on the clock should be a long while.

R
R's picture

Hi Rady, nice to hear from you.
Your vectrix has been one of the best series ever made by Vectrix Poland, no doubt.
Your 5 years old battery has managed to survive to the original destructive charging program, and it is still able to travel 50 km. This is really remarkable!
If I remember correctly, You have ESD charger. I suggest you upgrade to the lairds Firmware, in order to achieve a better battery endurance.

robwhite
robwhite's picture

I've clocked up 73k now but performance is dropping off regarding voltage drop under load using lifepo4 batteries

rob white

antiscab

I've clocked up 73k now but performance is dropping off regarding voltage drop under load using lifepo4 batteries

rising internal resistance I suspect will be the main reason for a future battery upgrade

A friend had a mustang conversion using 45 x 200AH cells (made in 2006). after 5 years he wasn't able to draw more than 200A from them, so he now uses them has a dump charge pack for fast charging his new pack

I hope to do the same with my own cells when mine can no long give me enough power

I'm also on the hunt for old lifepo4 batteries that are no longer any good for a vehicle, but still ok for stationary storage

Daily Ride:

R
R's picture

I'm hanging around 115k km. My friend Xandre just hit 185K km!
185 k km Xandre (Personalitzat).jpeg

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage