Headway LiFePO4 cells

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
KAE
Headway LiFePO4 cells

Hello there folks! Allow me to intoduce myself as I am new to this forum. My name is Joseph Kennedy, owner of Kennedy Alternative Energy, San Diego, CA. I would like to inform you all that I am planning on opening a retail sales venue for Headway LiFePO4 cells! I should have an order on the ground here in California within two to three weeks. It looks like, after all shipping, expenses, and a small retail mark-up, the final sale price of the 38120S 10 ah screw terminal cells will be around $23 per cell. These will be tested for quality and shipped right to your door in 2 - 3 days from right here in the U.S.A. !! If there is any interest out there to purchase these cells at this price please post a reply and let me know, as this will help me to make the final decision to land this order or not. Also I will have a very limited range of BMS and chargers available through Headway. If you are interested in purchasing cells and a BMS and charger for a particular voltage or pack set up please let me know now, and be specific, so that I can be sure to include them in my order. If not you may wind up having to hunt down and purchase these items separately. Thank you very much everyone!

Now get out there and ride!

-Joseph Kennedy

Kennedy Alternative Energy

KAE
Re: Headway LiFePO4 cells

Just an update....

I have found a source(not through headway) for great high quality BMS solutions and chargers, so they will be available!

-Joseph Kennedy

http://www.kennedyalternativeenergy.com

KAE

Hey folks, I've got some good news. Everything is running smoothly with my order from Headway. As long as things stay on schedule I should have the batteries available on June 15th or 16th for immediate shipment. I will also have good quality chargers and BMS units available for reasonable prices. These items come from different vendors to avoid all the Headway headaches while still getting the quality tested Headway cells. I will have a website up in about a week for you guys to check out more details and as long as everything is going well when tracking the shipment, preorders will be available 3 days before arrival on June 12th. I will also offer packs made to order to any specifications. These will be hand assembled and tested personally by me to ensure top quality and that all packs will be in good working order when they arrive.

-Joseph Kennedy

andys
andys's picture

could you post dimensions of the cells, weights, and output specs? what would it cost, for example, for a "48V" equivalent pack with a BMS , and what size, weight would that pack be approx? What kind of continuous output/peak output are those cells and the BMS you are getting capable in the 10AH size?

I'll be honest with you, 10AH is not really enough capacity for many of the smaller EV applications. Maybe would be enough for a small motor electric assist bicycle. 15 to 20 AH is more the size people are looking for.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Batteryspace is also selling Headway cells and lists these specs. If you insist on 20ah cells what about Tenergy?

Max.Discharging current: 50 Amp (Continuous discharge rate) 100 Amp ( < 30 sec Surge rate)

Dimensions (DxH)

* 38mm(1.5") x 120mm(4.7")
o H = From end to end without 6mm male screw
* Terminal: 6 mm Female screw in both ends for connection.

* 38mm(1.5") x 145mm(5.7")
o H included 2 pcs 6mm male screw
* You may disconnect included 6mm screw as picture shown below.

Weight 12Oz (340 grams)
Operation Temperature

* Charging: 0 - 45 oC (32 - 113 o F)
* Discharging: - 10 - 60 oC (14 - 140 o F)

Cycle Performance

* >2000 (80% of initial capacity at 1C rate)
o 2 times more than NiMH and 10 time more than SLA

KAE

could you post dimensions of the cells, weights, and output specs? what would it cost, for example, for a "48V" equivalent pack with a BMS , and what size, weight would that pack be approx? What kind of continuous output/peak output are those cells and the BMS you are getting capable in the 10AH size?

I'll be honest with you, 10AH is not really enough capacity for many of the smaller EV applications. Maybe would be enough for a small motor electric assist bicycle. 15 to 20 AH is more the size people are looking for.

The cost for a "48V" pack with a BMS will be approximately $470 depending on the BMS you choose. The weight will be about 5.5 kg or 12.1 lbs. Dimensions will vary depending on the pack configuration, but a standard square or cube config will give you about 160mm (6.3 in) x 160mm (6.3 in) x 120mm (4.7 in). Continuous output of 50 amps, 100 amps peak (yes the BMS will handle this output). These cells are capable of 15C in short bursts so that is 150 amps max current output. Of course, cells can be configured in parrallel to give you any storage capacity you need and higher discharge rates. I.E. a 16s 2p pack provides 20 AH of storage, 100 amp continuous output and 200 amps peak output.

-Joseph Kennedy

KAE

I have an order of Headway LiFePO4 Cells on the way via air as we speak. Pre-orders are now available! Please visit www.kennedyalternativeenergy.com for more details or to place an order. These are Headway 38120s 10Ah cells, 5C continous - 10C pulse discharge.

-All cells are quality tested before being shipped
-Ship from the USA! Get your orders fast!
-Great prices on chargers and BMS!
-100% Money Back Garauntee! No DOA's
-Free Shipping! on all orders of $100 or more
-Only $5 flat rate on all other orders

We value every customer's experience with us, which is why we offer the best quality service on the net. Period.

-Joseph Kennedy

KAE

Kennedy Alternative Energy is having a sale on its Headway LiFePO4 cells Monday and Tuesday only all headway cells are $3 off each cell!

Please visit www.kennedyalternativeenergy.com for more details!

Sale ends on Tuesday, August 25th at 10 p.m. pacific standard time.

All purchases of $100 or more receive free shipping within the continental United States!

-Joseph Kennedy

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage