How difficult is it to rewind a 1-phase 115V motor to a higher voltage 3 phase motor

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
terramir
How difficult is it to rewind a 1-phase 115V motor to a higher voltage 3 phase motor

Okies I found this 1KW 1 phase motor (rotron 9.4A/10A, 115V 60/400Hz 1 phase motor 6.5 dia/ 8 inches long),
and well I'm thinking A. it might not be even strong enough for a motorcycle and
B since the 7 wires poking out of it are undetermined at this point and the caps are not attached I might as well rewire the whole thing to be a much stronger 3-phase motor that could even drive a car :).
How difficult is it to rewire a motor, I'm thinking 360V or more and well building the controller will be far more challenging probably than rewiring a Motor.
Has anybody attempted this how difficult is it to get it right?
Anybody know any good instructions on how to rewire a single phase motor to a multiphase?
terramir

terramir
Re: How difficult is it to rewind a 1-phase 115V motor to a ...

does anyone know how to rewind a motor like this?
Also an update the stator has 36 slots the dismensions are 20mm from the inside of the stator 2mm of that is the beginning opening 18mm is useful and after the 2mm to the outside it's 8mm wide (each slot). the rotor is a squirrelcage with 11 teeth on the top or bottom if that is a factor.
I know I will have to basically cut all the wires out and start from scratch with the stator but that is ok and I will have to epoxy the wires in place afterwards. I just want to know the pitfalls and how I should wind this for 3-Phase.
terramir

caspar21

i think we have lack of magnetic engineers in here..
too bad, i have a similar question elsewhere.

let me know if you find any good info sites please.

james joule

It's best to learn the basics about motors and generators and polyphase systems because it's going to be hard to find the instructions you are after, it's not hard to rewind motors once you get going, theres a wide variety of different motors out there and once you learn the principles of how they work you can wind them to your own specifications or experiment and can be interesting as well, your single phase motor is actually a two phase motor, theres no rotating magnetic field with just one phase so they use the capacitor to unbalance the single phase supply and split it into 2 phases, cheers james

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage