Is there anywhere else one can get parts for an EVTA scooter?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
electricneo
Is there anywhere else one can get parts for an EVTA scooter?

I am getting tired of not getting any responses from support [at] evtamerica.com when I want to order a part. Case in point: I need to order a dc/dc converter, and while I got an initial response a couple weeks ago, I have not been able to get in contact with anyone to order the simple part I need.

Does anyone know if we can bypass these clowns and order parts for these vehicles through someone else? I'm even willing to order from China if it's practical.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Is there anywhere else one can get parts for an EVTA ...

You could try one of these: http://thunderstruck-ev.com/dcdc.htm

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

JayVic

I feel your pain with EVT America! I thought it was just me. I am glad in-a-way that more and more people are coming forward and talking about their problems with EVT. The first time I had trouble was over my charger going bad. They talked down to me and made me feel stupid, like I didn't know what I was doing. Which was not the case at all!
As for parts, I don't know about specific electric parts but "partsprousa" has parts. You have to go by general parts descriptions for all scooters because they do not specifically list EVT Brand Scooters.

antiscab

dc-dc converters can be had from www.kellycontroller.com

be aware though that most "12v" globes and such are designed to run at 13.6v-14.4v rather than actual 12v.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

FrankenstienEV

I too feel your pain. I have found that trying to contact Andy through Support@evt is a complete waste of time and effort. He must have 300 gigs of unread emails! It's best to call him at 305-450-3600. There's something about the evt dc-dc converters that looks like they cost about $1 to make. I just don't think I would buy one if mine went bad. I would probably try Kelly Controls although the one that I saw that they had looked much larger than the evt part but maybe you could mount it behind where the charger port is? Also try electricvehiclesusa.com . Or maybe one out of an extreme xm-2000 , xm-3000 , etc. might work but it might be a cheapy part too. Let us know if you find a good replacement! Nova Sooters is also been very helpful with questions and support even if you didn't buy a scooter from them. The Ohm Depot

laserline

I'm in the same boat and also feel your pain. In fact, I think it's pretty safe to say that they've sold us lemons (class-action anyone?) and to put icing on the cake they've had the audacity to send out us surveys about making an lithium powered scooter. If they wanted to make more money and keep there users and stay in business they would at least make upgrade kits to address these issues. I will be following this thread as I too need somewhere else to look for parts. If anyone know where I can get the following my R-20:

- The newer/better shocks for front and rear
- New Controller (nothing currently will work with my scooter right now.
I've had issues regarding the controller in the past when the scooter
was under warranty, but of course EVT NEVER FIXED IT)
- Green spacers for rear brake (my brakes fell off while riding the
scooter and I'm currently using washers as the spacers)
- Speedometer not working (this one I'm not sure what need to be
replaced, but after 423 miles and about one month of owning the scooter
it stopped working)

laserline

This may help some people. For the R-20/30. Here are some scooters that use the same parts found via me looking through http://www.partsprousa.com (google the item below and you will see):

• Baron Retro 150-R
  • BMS Heritage 150 (BMS stands for Boreem MotorSport)
  • Fly Il Bello
  • Geely JL50QT-43
  • Hamma HM-150T-6E
  • JCL JCL-MP150U
  • Lance Powersports Vintage 150
  • Moto Bravo Paparazzi 150
  • Peace TPGS-822
  • Roketa CAPRI MC-16-150
  • TNG Motor Low Boy 150

Hopefully this will help us and we can start to narrow down some vendors or even use partsprousa directly.

• FrankenstienEV

I kinda have my doubts that you would actually receive very much in a lawsuit against evt because they are such a small company and are probably hanging by a thread now. A lawsuit would just cause them to file bankrupcy. When I got the email about the lithium scooters I too said You gotta be kidding. They should send that to ANYBODY but the people that already own evt scooters. When they sent me the ad for the R-30 I sent Fernando an email asking if they would be offering an upgrade kit for Z-20 owners...big surprise...I never got a responce! I think they are only in the ev business for the money and really have little or no interest in electric vehicles or in being businessmen. What's kind of funny is I had been on the waiting list for my Z since about the end of 2005 and finally got it at the end of 2007. During that time I kept hearing from evt every so often telling me that they are testing and testing and getting things DOT certified etc., etc. . How did the DOT ever certify that speedo??? And what kind of testing could they have done if there has been so many problems? And it seems like the R-30's have their own set of problems. I think what it is, is that when the two brothers went to China to get these things manufactured, their only focus was price...not quality. I have seen some pretty nice stuff come out of China and I've seen some real junk too. I guess it all depends on what the person asks for. If you want quality we'll have a skilled machinist build the bike. Or for half price we can have a 5 year old girl build it!
    When it's running though I really like the Z-20. It's a great looking scooter. And the range suits me ok. I'm not crazy about the ride. The shocks are not actually shocks...they're supposed to be shocks and they look like shocks but they're just springs. There's no oil in them...no dampeners...no nothing. And I think if you put oil in them it would only leak out so I never did. They would probably be pertty expensive to replace so I'll probably just live with them. My original controller burned out at about 200 evt miles so Andy sent me a new one which lasted to 2465 evt miles before it went. Both of mine went the same way. Ran fine the day before. Charged it overnight and unplugged the charger, turned on the breaker and the ignition and nothing. The lights came on but no power to the rear wheel. I didn't bother getting another evt controller even though it was still under warrantee. I got a Kelly KEB 72601 computer programmable controller and have been happy ever since. The 72601 has regen braking but you can get one without if you want KEB72600. And Kelly is the exact opposite of evt when it comes to responding to emails and customer service. You said that nothing works on your scooter at this time. Do you mean your lights won't come on either? If so then your controller may be ok and you may have a bad dc to dc converter. Somebody mentioned Thunderstruckev for converters a while back so I checked them out and they do have one, I think it's only $35. Not bad but I just hope it's good. Those green spacers on my Z's rear caliper were not identical thicknesses which was causing my caliper to be not exactly parallel to the disc...which makes the brake very spongey and also made it drag a lot while cruising. I have a small metal lathe so I made two out of aluminum and now the brake is rock solid and doesn't drag any more. A stack of washers is actually fine as long as the total thickness of each stack is the same. Measure it with a micrometer if you have one. I had my front wheel off a while ago and noticed that the spacers that go between the forks and the bearings are too long and are actually pushing the forks apart causing them to bind. It's been a while but I think about .060" could be cut off the total length to make things right. But i noticed there was NO grease on the speedo drive unit so I greased it. There are so many little things and a few big things wrong that just better intentions and quality control could have prevented. The Ohm Depot

Mich

Wow, now i see that I am not the only one having problems with the R-30, I am looking for an Electric Throttle that would work with the EVTA R-30, i have bought 3 already and I got one from the company that they send me and it didn't work, it's about 1 inch diameter, 4 1/2 inch in length and has 3 wires, go from 0 to 5V. it's call a potentiometer.
    any one knows where I can find one of those that would work with the R-30, I can see that I am not the only one that has difficulties with the scooter, it's so sad, it could be so great. thanks for all your help in this and good luck with your scooters. i will be a friend of this web site. thanks.

ocelotspot

Hi people
    My name is Jason And a few years back I bought 4 evts. two Z's and 2 R's. I and a partner started an electric vehicle business selling evt, Motorino, and Zero. We were gona git in on the ground floor and "clean up" We sold several Motorinos and Zeros. We sold one of the EVT's and the rest sat there. Our biggest problem was that EVT never got around to getting certification as a manufacturer in Colorado. (They may have by now but I don't think so). Anyway, I have three bikes that are in different stages of dis-assembly. If you need something I might just have what you need. In the meantime I am going to try to make one good one out of the other two and I am happy to sell any parts that I don't need. My phone number is (970) 618-4770

Misha
    Misha's picture

Hi Mich... Had the same problem with getting a 27mm (1") throttle for my R-30.. ordered two..both were 7/8" (22mm) and wouldn't fit even tho the info on the sales sheet said 1". Finally had the handlebar sawed off and a 7/8" piece welded on. You can't tell the difference and I know for the future that I can always get a new throttle if needed....

I just received an email last week from EVT America stating "I am out of the country and have been for a while. This is the first time I have been near a place that has internet in quite a while. Believe it or not there are still places like that. I will be back in the USA next week and I will try to solve your problem then" Signed Andres Pruna. I'll let you know if I actually hear from them about ordering parts or anything else we might need. Guess there is just one person that does everything?????

Misha
    Misha's picture

Hey Jason.. just a reminder to not forget to email me with the parts you have available. Haven't seen an email yet so can't send you the pix of the bolt I need. Also, I have a friend that may be interested in a "whole" R-30, if you ever get one together. Let me know a price and cost for shipping to 93720.

Ann in Fresno, CA

ocelotspot

Hi Ann

I haven't forgotten about you. I am actually having difficulties finding my camera and the card that has all of the photos and the list of the parts. Looks like I might have to do everything over again. Just lovely... Appreciate your patience

Jason

Overload

Looks like EVTA is live again. They emailed me trying to linkin with me. They have 3 new bikes expected next year.
    Maybe they'll still support the vintage bikes?

Overload in CO

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
    • stuuno
    • marce002
    • Heiwarsot
    • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage