I just purchased a Greenbee JS500 used which is almost identical to the XB600 and i need some help!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
BIGJOE
I just purchased a Greenbee JS500 used which is almost identical to the XB600 and i need some help!

I bought the scooter used and thought the batteries just needed to be replaced because it lacked power, but after purchasing new batteries the scooter still maxed out at 20kmh wich i think is only 12mph.Even when i lift the bike up and max out on the throttle is still tops out at 20kmh. The specs on my bike are 48v 20ah battery with a 500watt hub motor.Here is the link http://www.greenbeeusa.com/js500.html If anybody could tell me what they think it is or if they know anywhere i could take it up here in northern california(SAN JOSE) to be exact to get it fixed. Thanks Joe

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: I just purchased a Greenbee JS500 used which is almost ...

500 watts isn't very powerful but should be able to do 20 miles/hr. However I do have an electric bicycle with 800 watt motor that only does 14-15 miles/hr. It wasn't clear from their website whether they have a storefront you could go to and whether they offer service.

Have you called up the seller? What have they done to help?

Have you measured the battery voltage? What made you think it was batteries?

What kind of batteries shipped with the bike? What kind do you have now?

garygid

Big Joe,
How big is Big?
Rider weight, tire pressure, wind, pavement condition and slope, and the state of battery charge all affect the speed.

But, you said you lift the bike and it tops out (unloaded) at 12 mph, which would seem abnormal. The dealer web site says 30 mph, right?

There must be something limiting the speed (or the speedometer). Might the rpm-sensor be double-pulsing, fooling the controller into thinking it is going 24 mph?

Is there a max speed adjustment in the controller that somebody turned down for their kid to ride?

Do these bikes have a 20-mph limiter to be "legal" in some places?

Cheers, Gary
XM-5000Li, wired for cell voltage measuring and logging.

BIGJOE

I called the seller and he said it used to go about 25mph about 41kmh, but he doesn't know why it only goes 20kmh wich is only about 12mph. The batteries are a chinese brand and i bought the same ones that were originally in the scooter. The scooter is in really good shape and i think its has to be the same builder as these XB600's cuz they have everything identical from ignition, signals, horn, and even tires. I looked under the scooter and seen a loose green wire that goes to the other side of the contoller. I wonder if this could be it, but like i said im not very familiar with the wiring. I hope i can figure this out so i could look at adding some more power. Thanks for your response.

Big Joe

BIGJOE

Im 6'1 240, but i had my girlfriend(125lb.) ride it and it still tops out at a lil under 20kmh. I also tested how fast it went by driving next to her in my car and it only went about 11 to 12mph and thats pretty SAD. Well its seems from reading through this forum that i am in the right place, so if anyone could help me with some of your knowledge i would greatly appreciate it.

Big Joe

garygid

A loose or unconnected wire is probably a good clue.

Cheers, Gary

BIGJOE

So i just checked by the controller and they added a alarm to the scooter wich was double backed taped onto the controller. The alarm wires were spliced with the controller wires. The black alarm wire with the green control, the red with red, and the brown alarm wire with the yellow control wire. Could the alarm be drawing to much power so the scooter is not running at capacity? I'll unhook the alarm and see if this makes a difference. Thanks Guys!

Big Joe

garygid

An alarm system?

Or, an alarm that was supposed to sound "loudly" if the bike was moved?

There might be more to the alarm system, hidden elsewhere, that is slowly "sucking" power?

The alarm / system probably does not use much power, but its "normal" job might be to interfere with the proper operation of the scooter.

Also, it probably draws power all day and night and slowly drains the battery, possibly ruining the battery.

Can you determine what was controling this "alarm"?

Cheers, Gary

BIGJOE

Yes it is a seperate alarm that does not come with the scooter. It has a remote like a car alarm that chirps on and off. It looks like it was poorly connected and the work is really shady. Thanks again.

Big Joe

gushar

I know there was some discussion on here with those of us that have the XB600 about some gray wires underneath the dash cover under the gauges. Supposedly on some brands of these those gray wires connected or disconnected (can't recall which) cause it to be speed limited. It didn't affect my XB600...but you might check that. Of course the person you bought it from would have had to do something with that and seems would have told you if they did???

Gushar

Gus

BIGJOE

Thanks Gushar and no the person i bought it from ended up being a lil shady. I'll take a look there and see if everything is connected. After removing the alarm, it looks like everything is still working the same. It's still only going 12mph.

Big Joe

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage