Electric Scooter @ Ann Arbor Green Fair June 12, 2009

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Electric Scooter @ Ann Arbor Green Fair June 12, 2009

Found this on YouTube..

A visit with John & Terry regarding their new electric scooters from the Current Motor Company in Ann Arbor, MI.
Visit their very informative website: www.CurrentMotor.com for environmental impact, bike specifications, battery life, production history, contact information and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSgQN7ZSHUE

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Electric Scooter @ Ann Arbor Green Fair June 12, 2009

Hey, who's that fine looking gentleman with the beard? I'd buy a scooter from him...

;-)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

im sold..nice bike guys

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

lol ah so thats what you look like, now i know who you are...lol heres a question, is the speedo reading in mph or kph or both cause to bring it into canada it has to have kph or both...also you should put that video on your website, get more pics...i dont know im starting to like your bike, ive got a good feeling about it

and since im an engineer, im gonna put my 2 cents in, after seeing your video the area where the charger plugs in, i can see problems in the future..the cover should flip the opposite direction, not towards the rider, i can see someone pluggin it in and the cover is up and someone sitting on the seat and breaking the cover off, also, the charging are, is indented, what about when charging the cover is up and it rains a bit, will water get inside...sorry guys just me observing, i still love the bike and it looks real nice to...

wolf3510

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I didn't think that was an official video but a random passerby who did a drive-by filming and posted the video. Mebbe I'm wrong and instead it's a cunning bit of faux grass roots organically filmed video subtly obscuring deep marketing brilliance.

About the charger port it wasn't clear to me - does it face upwards? A factoid idea told me long long ago by Todd Kollin was to have ports like that face downward. That way if they get wet (rain) the water drains away rather than forms a puddle.

gushar

Since I've been away from the forum awhile...is this "John" who was building/converting the gas motorcyle in his garage...had one of the XMs as well...then I seem to recall he later put out a business model on the forum, etc. for a USA put together from Chinese parts scooter? If so, I trust that guy. He really wanted to bring something solid to the market...And, looks like he has! Good website they have too. Congrats to you my electric friend!

Gus

Gus

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Hi Gus - yup, that's me.

David - it is indeed a totally independent "drive-by filming" - we're not clever enough to fake it.

David & Wolf - with regard to charging: the final design uses a standard three-prong male plug. The receptacle does indeed face upwards but has drain holes. The recommendation is to use a GFI protected socket and an extension cord rated for at least 10A.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

DaveAK

Hey, who's that fine looking gentleman with the beard? I'd buy a scooter from him...

;-)

You need to work on that beard. It doesn't look as good as mine. :)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage