What type of performance can i get by only adding another battery to make it 60v?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
BIGJOE
What type of performance can i get by only adding another battery to make it 60v?

What type of performance do you think i would get if i just added a 5th battery and didn't do the shunt mod to my controller? From what i heard my stock controller should be ok to handle the 60volts. After i fixed my JS500(close to the xb600) it goes 30mph and i was hoping by just adding another battery it would go about 35. What do you guys think?

jfreeman420
Re: What type of performance can i get by only adding ...

What doesn't make sense is the specs on their website. 48v 20ah batteries to a 500w motor running 30mph and a 60 mile range? That is impossible. You would have to be drawing 40 amps to go that fast and 20ah at 40 amp draw gives you 30 minutes of power at 30mph equals 15 miles maximum to dead batteries.

Anyhoo about your question. Adding a fifth battery will give you 25% more power and 25% more speed so theoretically if you can do 30mph at 48v you should do 37.5mph at 60v. Keep in mind you will also have 25% less range.

I believe my info is accurate. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

BIGJOE

Thanks jfreeman420. About the 60 miles it says on the website. I thought something was wrong with my JS500 but found out that there was two white wires that were plugged in to each other from the controller that only allowed the bike to go 20kmh which is about 12mph. I think this is probrably how they could sell the 60 mile claim.

Big Joe

mf70

motor running 30mph and a 60 mile range?

I think the confusion here is the "and". The 30MpH was probably on the (optimistic) speedo, and, on a different run, the 60 mile range was taken at the most efficient speed with a VERY light rider. ..or the numbers come from confusing metric with English units; 30KpH and 60 K range is more believable.

The GreenBee website is pretty sketchy. Another of their claims is that the bike will climb a 20 DEGREE slope! (The X-Treme website repeats the same claim for some bikes, clearly copied from the original manufacturer's specs.) That would be a 40% grade! An 8% grade is pretty steep.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage