How to derestrict THIS type of electric bike / ped. (someone must know!)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
hogesar
How to derestrict THIS type of electric bike / ped. (someone must know!)

Hello!

I own an electric moped / bike (it is a moped style, however has pedals, which i have removed) and will now not be using it on the road. IT is currently restricted to the legal 16-18 mph ish. However, i have been told it can go faster, and it does appear that way. It accelerates to this speed in about 5 seconds, and up hills it will give another boost of power to keep it at this speed when i am climbing hills.

If i understand correctly, when i free-wheel above this speed, the electric as such cuts out..would it therefore mean that the restrictor is based on the speed of the wheel? I could not find a sensor, however.

I have some pictures to post, and hope that they help somewhat. The make is a chinese import, and is called 'shi shang'. Thanks in advance!
20090621_140122.jpg
20090621_140149.jpg
20090621_140244.jpg

mf70
Re: How to derestrict THIS type of electric bike / ped. ...

The brushless motors must send rotor position back to the controller to work, so the controller always has RPM information available. In fact, the E-Treme scoots actually drive the speedo from the controller frequency data rather than reading the wheel rotations!

Your scoot is a different manufacturer, but I'd suggest reading through the XB-xxx posts to see how the speed limit is imposed. You will probably find that the wiring diagram is quite similar. There's probably a jumper that controls max speed.

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• Juli76

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage