New PL350 kit info

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
sgmdudley
New PL350 kit info

I just purchased a PL350 from a dealer near Denver. He has all the kits and parts.
I was concerned about how long the kits had been on his shelf, but he had just received
the newest kits a few weeks ago. The firmare version was 3.7 on the previous kits. When
you power on the controller, the version shows briefly in the lower left corner. The new
kit version is 3.8. He also had a cheat sheet for setting the various functions which
he gave me. The kit works great on my Trek 7500.

Bbbashful
Re: New PL350 kit info

After almost a year and a half of checking out E bikes, I finally took the plunge and bought a PL350 last Sunday from a dealer who is a 5 minute bike ride away from my home. My decision making was very much influenced by the great information that I found in this site. I want to say THANK YOU to all of the people who took the time to post their knowlege in these forums.

I'm happy with the performance so far but I still have a lot of questions. The BionX User Guide is sadly lacking in technical information. For example, when I scroll through the information by pressing the "crono" button, I see "crono" and "Au" but I have no clue as to what this information means. There is no explanation in the User Guide.

When I turn the controller on, I see "r Eu 3.8" in the lower left for a second or two and I assume from the above post that this is the firmware version number.

My biggest concern at the moment is the accuracy of the battery guage on the controller. When the battery is fully charged, the battery guage shows 7 bars and a tiny partial bar on the left side. The voltage reading using code 3772 shows 41.8 Volts. I went for a 12km ride this morning and when I got back I was down to only 5 full bars showing. At first impression, it looks like I have drained the battery by 1/4 to 1/3 of it's power. However, when I checked the voltage it showed 40.2 Volts. I hope to get a handle on this in order to determine a better idea of how far I can go without ruining the battery.

Bbbashful

I have been to Asbestos, Quebec several times this year and when I tried to find BionX, they are no longer there. It appears that they have moved farther south to Sherbrook, Quebec, close to the Vermont border.

Bbbashful

I spoke with the dealer that I purchased my PL350 from and he told me that the administration for sales, warranties, etc is now in Sherbrook, Quebec, but the manufacturing, assembly, and shipping of the various parts and kits is done in Toronto, Ontario by their partner, Magna.

proton
proton's picture

Bionx kit now available from www.falconev.com"

The LiFepo4 BattMan www.falconev.com

aramas

Bionx kits PL-250 HT , PL-350 , PL-250 Light now available at very competitive prices from www.tecbikes.com

Visit their website www.tecbikes.com.

Free shipping in USA and only 60 Euro or 100 CHF for shipping in European Union/Switzerland.

We speak French, German and Italian.

treknavigator

International Sales of all Bion X products at sanderkd [at] accesscomm.ca we are the Dealer for the product
in North Battleford Saskatchewan Canada also find us at www.seibs.com
Willing to help you out with your Bion X purchase

kosherrav
Re: New PL350 kit info- Battery Gauge

Battery Gauge Function

The battery gauge icon measure from 42v (full) to 35v (empty). Pack shuts down at 31 vdc. Purpose is to get you to charge pack when it drains to 49% capacity left which equals 0 bars and about 35 volts. This partial charge procedure will lengthen the pack life and maximize charge cycles.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage