Buying a new controller...what about my 'red button' of power?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
hogesar
Buying a new controller...what about my 'red button' of power?

Hello,
As you've probably seen from my thread regarding my scooter, the best action to take is to buy another controller.
I know alot of companies basically do universal ones (although some wire splicing will be required).
However, i have a 'red button' which allows me to go faster, and on a universal controller i would not be able to link this up would i?
I do not mind losing the function of that button, as long as it's always set to the higher speed setting.
So would that be possible if i bought a controller which just met the voltage etc ratings?
Thanks.

NOTE: I'll try add as much additional information as i can later on.

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Buying a new controller...what about my 'red button' of ...

Depends on what that button is doing. e.g. On my EVT 4000 there's a button (it's yellow, not red, not that it makes a difference) which bypasses the controller and adds in another battery converting it from 48 volts approx 30 miles/hr to 60 volts approx 36-40 miles/hr. But I could imagine a controller where a turbo button sets a signal in the controller for the controller to behave differently.

hogesar
Re: Buying a new controller...what about my 'red button' of ...

Mine takes me from about 20km/h to near 30km/h...
I think it probably sets a signal in the controller - rather than changing the amount of volts.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage