cferron
BionX alarm feature

Does anyone uses this feature?

What it does exactly? Lock the wheel?

Thanks

Claude

Bbbashful
Re: BionX alarm feature

The alarm system does NOT lock the wheel. It locks the system in to level 4 generation mode and makes a funny beeping noise when you try to ride or push the bike. This makes it basically impossible to hop on and ride away quickly. Also it can't really be used until the 4 digit pin number is entered to turn off the alarm system. With the alarm system on, I assume that the bike would have to be taken away in a vehicle. Without the right pin number, I assume that a stolen BionX system would need another "Command Console" or else the thief simply has a bunch of spare parts. Each motor, console, battery and battery charger has it's own serial number.

Bbbashful

I just went out to go for a ride and discovered that I had left my bike locked up in the garage with the alarm system "ON" all night. The battery was fully charged when I put the bike in the garage last night. With the alarm system "ON" the battery gauge on the console showed only 2/3 full this morning. I was surprised to see how much the battery was drained by leaving the alarm system on.

I went for a short, 3 km, ride and when I got back, the battery gauge showed less than 1/2 full. I got out my volt meter and it showed 38.4 volts remaining in the battery.

GTAluigi

the alarm is stored in the battery computer
inside our battery there is a tiny computer that keeps track of everything
specially the Odometer.

All the readings you see in the command console are really inside the battery, not the command console

so changing to another command console will not unlock the system.

Bbbashful

Thanks GTAluigi for your reply.

Now I know why removing my battery from my bike to recharge it indoors without the time that is displayed on the console being affected.

Bit by bit, thanks to all of the input into these forums from everyone, I'm gettting a much better understanding of how this system works and how I can get the best performance from my new toy.

ashby3
ashby3's picture

the alarm is stored in the battery computer
inside our battery there is a tiny computer that keeps track of everything
specially the Odometer.

All the readings you see in the command console are really inside the battery, not the command console

so changing to another command console will not unlock the system.

I am not sure this is correct - I have two batteries(only ways I could easily and without voiding the warrant extend the range) - I switch them on rides almost every ride and all of the data for the ride - ride distance, avg speed, trip time, odometer, time of day are still in the console after I switch the batteries and turn the system back on. Also all the programing for wheel size and assist and breaking is still there. I think the data is stored in the console is some sort of non-volatile memory.

Ashby

matisamd

although during my drunken modding i broke the little speaker i use the the other half all the time i dont even have a lock on the bike yet its great but i whish it would instead turn off and solid lock the wheel but its a good idea.

Monkey see, monkey do, so get the monkey to do it.

cferron

Is it possible that if you only have 1 or 2 bars left on your battery level, that the system kicks in (anti theft) but gets turned off automatically? Has any of you experienced that yet?

Thanks

Claude

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage