new charger not working (xb600)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
gushar
new charger not working (xb600)

I just bought and received a new charger from x-treme for my xb600. Some of you might recall I posted here some time back that my existing charger was making noise...but still working. Well, it continues to work fine but I thought I'd go ahead and buy another one just in case this one quit. Anyway, so I did. The new charger looks basically the same...says on the label for 17-20ah batts/48 volts. That's correct. But, problem is it won't shut off properly and go into the "quiet" mode with the green light on and fan stopped. Both times I've tried it I know it should have cut off after about 3 hours and in once case I let it run for 10 hours and it still had not cut off. I haven't let it go to a point to damage the batts though. But, I know it isn't working also by testing it against my existing charger for the same riding and charging time. Does anyone know what might be the problem with this charger. I have a ticket in with x-treme to replace it...but still wondering why it might be defective...what may be causing it not to work properly.

Gushar

win32forth
win32forth's picture
Re: new charger not working (xb600)

Well, lots of things could be wrong, but it could also be something as simple as having the wrong voltage set point for switching into float charge mode (an internal adjustment). In any case, it is supposed to be set right from the factory, so your route of getting an exchange is the right one,

Good luck,

Tom

mf70

Personally, I've heard too many stories of battery packs being melted to "test" a charger by letting it run for ten hours!

I'm happy with the info from my Kill-a-Watt power monitor. Add a actual voltage reading (easily available from the back side of the charging port), and you will be able to follow the complete charge profile.

gushar

Hey, I might just add something like that. By the way all...once again I get a very positive, excellent customer service experience from X-Treme Scooters. I put in a ticket...got an email almost immediately that it was setup for processing. Today, just a couple of days later, I get a reply and it states they are replacing the charger for me...and it "thanks me" for letting them correct the problem. I should receive it in a few days. Folks, despite what some have stated about their experiences...I have always gotten great customer service from X-treme. I can't speak for anyone else but I certainly have been more than satisfied with their service in several different purchases, scooter and parts, etc. In fact, I wish I could get this kind of service when it comes to stuff relating to my automobile!

Gushar

Gus

Buzzer
Buzzer's picture

My experiences with X-Treme have also been very good, which includes sending me extra parts I purchased (tires, tubes, extra controller for doing a shunt mod) and sending me a missing front axle spacer and a replacement defective left handgrip assembly at no charge. I am not denying that other people have had problems with X-Treme, but the company seems to be trying to improve their customer service issues, which can be difficult when dealing with products sent from China by boat and customers who are in the difficult position of having to diagnose and make their own repairs from a long distance. I wish X-Treme would update and fix all the broken links on their web site, which almost kept me from buying my bike from them. The site looks very professional, but if many of the features don't work, what's the point? I plan on buying an extra charger for my bike soon, just to have as a backup.

Buzzer

There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage