104 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Re: Vectrix Insolvency Solution
marcopolo

About free energy.. have a look at this:

http://pesn.com/2010/04/22/9501639_Yildiz_demonstrates_magnet_motor_at_Delft_University/
MR Copperfield?

Ourageous!Scandalous! Another of our inventions ripped off! Stolen!

The world shall pay for these impertinences!

B. Madoff VI

(Keeping your money company, somewhere nice)

marcopolo

marcopolo

I'm astonished that you never got more than 300 miles a tank.. Let me gess... v8 american cars?

R, I know it's little off topic, well, off topic off topic, but Spain seems to be a real success story for Vectrix.

In view of the disaster of marketing in Italy, and poor sales performance everywhere else, why do you think Spain is so different?

What factors have contributed to the successful experience in Spain?

Cheers.

marcopolo

R
R's picture

I'm honored by your question, but I'm just a simple costumer (in fact, I was the first vectrix costumer in Iberia). better ask the dealer: www.goinggreen.es/.
I just can point out a pair of ideas:
1- I'm sure that the superb costumer care they have been offering during this 3 years have helped to build up a stable and efficient vectrix network.
2- Looks like a topic, but spain is different. In barcelona we have warm temperature. Sunny days 300 days/year. And the highest ratio of the most expensive maxiscoooters in Europe... Visit us and find it out by yourself! Sure you'll enjoy barcelona. ;-)

marcopolo

I'm honored by your question, but I'm just a simple costumer (in fact, I was the first vectrix costumer in Iberia). better ask the dealer: www.goinggreen.es/.
1- I'm sure that the superb costumer care they have been offering during this 3 years have helped to build up a stable and efficient vectrix network.
2- Looks like a topic, but spain is different. In barcelona we have warm temperature. Sunny days 300 days/year. And the highest ratio of the most expensive maxiscoooters in Europe... Visit us and find it out by yourself! Sure you'll enjoy barcelona. ;-)

Thank you for that valuable insight. It makes quite a deal of difference with a really enthusiastic dealer. But I suspect the superb weather would have a lot to do with it also!

Thank you for the invitation! I have visited Barcelona 9 times. The earliest in 1972. I used to stay in the Hotel Colon, but I made the mistake of changing to the Grand Marina, but the neighbourhood to south isn't the best at night. Lately I discovered The Hotel Rivoli. Not only an excellent hotel, but great views of the city from the roof.

Sadly, I am only ever in barcelona on business and never stay long enough.

Sigh, Barcelona! A truly beautiful city.

marcopolo

Mik
Mik's picture

One difference (comparing to Australia) is that they replaced the faulty swingarm in R's Vectrix (after several attempts to fix it with mere gear box replacements) until his Vectrix was running OK!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

marcopolo

One difference (comparing to Australia) is that they replaced the faulty swingarm in R's Vectrix (after several attempts to fix it with mere gear box replacements) until his Vectrix was running OK!

Yes, indeed, but then, to be fair to VA, the Spanish dealer wasn't locked into lengthy litagation with M.Boyle and co, either!

But your point is well made, a really shrewd dedicated dealer makes all the difference.

marcopolo

Wildfire

I'm astonished that you never got more than 300 miles a tank.. Let me gess... v8 american cars?

Sorry to say, but even my little 4-cylinder Kia Rio hardly gets over 300 miles per tank (33 miles per gallon with a 10 gallon tank), and this on a car that has a manual transmission. Same goes for our Honda Civic (also a 4 cylinder). With gasoline here in the States only costing $3/gallon (US), I suppose this comes as no surprise, but what does surprise me is that, just as diesel's were starting to get popular over here, the efficiency ratings have plummeted and the price for diesel has shot up. I'm not quite sure what's driving these changes (market demand? environmental regulations?? different testing methods???), but it essentially guarantees that diesel will never be more than a niche market here in the US.

R
R's picture

Sorry to say, but even my little 4-cylinder Kia Rio hardly gets over 300 miles per tank

Umh.. lets make a brief game.. in this webpage you can find a list of the 30 vehicles that consume less in Iberia( not diesel cars, gas cars).
http://www.idae.es/coches/portal/CochesMenorConsumo.aspx
How many of them can be found in USA? And do they consume the same?;-)

Wildfire

Off-the-bat, I can spot the Honda Insight, Toyota Prius, Honda Civic (hybrid) and Smart on the list, all of which are becoming more common in this part of the US. So certainly there are some options for efficient cars, it is just not common yet to have a car that can achieve 500 miles per tank; 300 miles per tank is the common metric for cars in the US (150-200 miles per tank for motorcycles). Larger vehicles with V8 engines and more weight, tend to have larger fuel tanks to accomplish this range while smaller cars (such as my Kia) have comparably smaller fuel tanks to accomplish the same.

I'm very happy to see atleast one mainstream manufacturer in the US (Ford), finally getting serious about fuel efficiency, but why couldn't we have been getting some of the same models sold overseas all along??

antiscab

Sorry to say, but even my little 4-cylinder Kia Rio hardly gets over 300 miles per tank

Umh.. lets make a brief game.. in this webpage you can find a list of the 30 vehicles that consume less in Iberia( not diesel cars, gas cars).
http://www.idae.es/coches/portal/CochesMenorConsumo.aspx
How many of them can be found in USA? And do they consume the same?;-)

watch out when comparing mpg to mpg.

a US gallon = 3.79L
a UK Gallon = 4.54L

anyway, from the original post, it sounded like you were planning on completely replacing your car with a scooter.
500miles is un-heard of for any bike (I can't think of even one that has achieved this).
partly because riding a bike that far continuously is far from pleasant.

now, an electric car that gets 500 miles range *is* within the realm of possibility (just spectacularly expensive).

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

marcopolo
Re: Cicatrix Insolvency Solution

500miles is un-heard of for any bike (I can't think of even one that has achieved this).
partly because riding a bike that far continuously is far from pleasant.

Far from pleasant? Dennis Hopper, just died a second death!

Hopefully, if zinc/air batteries (or similar) become practical, 500 miles will become common place.

'R' is quite right, technology for European cars is far more attuned to fuel economy than the US due to the cost of fuel, and (in the past) the cost of the US dollar. Also European distances and roads are much smaller, leading to the development of smaller, more fuel efficient cars.

marcopolo

Dauntless
Re: Vectrix Insolvency: Legal Proceedings

Riding 500 miles is far from pleasant?

This friend of mine thought it would be great to ride this Harley hardtail he was restoring to a conference he was attending. What they hey, it was only 2,000 miles, right?

He said when he reached his hotel, all he could think about was that in less than a week, he was going to be doing it all over again. Not so much a physically tough person as mentally tough, somehow he made it.

The only concerns I would have about range is that however far I rode to get there, I want to be sure that I can ride home again without a charge. I had a relative that wanted an electric to commute over 60 miles each way to work and back. To me, that's gotta be a 150 mile range vehicle far into the life of the batteries. There's just no guarantee of recharging at work every time.

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

Pages

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage