Reduced Range After First EQ Charge?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ElectricLou
ElectricLou's picture
Reduced Range After First EQ Charge?

My vectrix has just performed it first equalizing charge at 218 miles. After charge the range indicator has always read around 45 miles. It now reads only 33 miles. My last trip was 43 miles, and the fuel gauge on the vectrix and the range left were spot on. Why is the range reduced? The vectrix used 7.3 kWh to charge, max temp 30 deg c and took 10 hours. this charge was performed at night with a 5 hour delayed start (to make sure the batteries were cooled down). I thought maybe the charge cycle was interrupted. Plugged the vectrix back in and after 10 minutes it was charged and estimated range is only 34 miles.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Do I need to do a full discharge again? Will the vectrix self correct the estimated range gauge as it is driven?

Take Care,
Louie

RaDy
RaDy's picture
Re: Reduced Range After First EQ Charge?

dont take notice of the range estimating figure, its useless makes no sense and keeps on changing to adjust but in the end isnt useful, they should have given us the temperature figure instead and we could have controlled thrashing the bike in uphills or nice strtaights in hot weather, when batteries are hot. Instead we who care about the temp have to keep on using the kill switch for that info.
Raj

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture
Re: Reduced Range After First EQ Charge?

don.t worry just as soon as you .
start riding the scooter will work out how you are riding.
and if you are a good boy as i am most times it will reward you .
with more miles added.i/e longer range so far with two on board 45 miles .
riding a little like a nune .
or if you like a vicker.
with hills .enjoy kev

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage