replacement batteries for xb-600

1 reply [Last post]

I bought an XB-600 second hand - worked well but needed a new charger. When I received the charger, I left it charged for a week while I went on vacation. I returned to find no power. From other forums it appears that the batteries have melted and they are bulging however have not burst.

I figure I need new batteries. The website ones are $60 each (includes shipping). I found some 12 volt- 18 AH sealed acid lead batteries for about $35-40 shipped. I am ok with sacrificing an 1 to 2 MPH to save 50% but want to get the opinion of the forum if the 18 aH replacements will do OR in essence, is there a good source for purchasing acceptable batteries other than the x-treme website.

The batteries I have are 2 years old and MIGHT have needed replacement anyway, however, as per another user, I would not discount the fact that I MAY have received a faulty charger as it only shows a green light all the time when plugged in.

Any suggestions for new batteries?

Best regards, eDoc

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Re: replacement batteries for xb-600

first off, unless I am mistaken X-treme website has the 4 battery pack xb-600 replacement for $199 shipped.
xb-600 parts
However, you may want to test the charger and/or batteries first. You can always go to walmart and get a 12V battery charger for $20 and a voltmeter (maybe even take them back after you test :) make sure the batteries are not bad b4 u get more. A Voltmeter is really a necessity here for testing. I purchased a 12V 18ah battery to add to make mine 60V. It doesnt seem to drain at any higher of a rate than the stock bats tho. If too much gas has vented from your bats they are prolly no good anymore.

In short, test charger, test batteries, try a different charger, re-test bats.

Dave ; Tennessee

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
V3 Cycle Analyst for Electric Bikes Ebike Display The Cycle Analyst V3 dashboard with speedometer sensor and magnet is a great addition to any Ebike
Bottled Lightning: Superbatteries, Electric Cars, and the New Lithium Economy Essential to understanding the economic importance of lithium batteries
e-Moto G3 Volt Silicon Electric Scooter Commute and get around town on the G3 Volt Electric Scooter from E-Moto.

Who's new

• wavelet
  • Stef.T
  • hewittwill
  • eccon
Customize This