CANBUS error while charging?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
CANBUS error while charging?

Forgot to post this one when it happened.

Charged the bike at my parents house while getting on with some jobs I had to do from about 2 bars remainng.

After about 4 hours or so, I came out to see hoow the bike was doing - it was on its CC stage, full battery and everything running as normal, apart from there was the yellow wrenchh and CANBUS showing where the temperature normally is.

I unplugged and replugged the bike, carried on from CC perfectly normal.

Not happened again since, was wondering if anyone else had had this, and if it had any adverse effect on the bike?

Cheers

The Laird
Re: CANBUS error while charging?

Hi 'Undead',

This 'fault' has been seen before. Following a software upgrade, the bike was put on charge and about two hours into the charge the 'Spanner' showed on the instrument pane and the word 'CanBus' appeared where the temperature is normally.
I have good reason to believe that this is 'normal'. i.e. spurious indications are possible after software updates. I know that this should NOT happen if the software is well designed. Perhaps this tells us something about the software writers at the old Vectrix Corporation.

Bye the way, there is no cause for alarm. The errors are spurious, harmless and meaningless (so far, anyway). They will often clear without user intervention and that is probably why they are not reported often, they come and go whilst the bike is charged unobserved.

undead

Sounds good to me.

I rarely see it when it charges (overnight mostly) so I guess it could happen all the time and I would not know about it.

As you say, probably just flakey programming on the firmware designers side.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Charging software with the old software wasn't bug proof.

I had the occasions, when charger wouldn't stop the CC phase of charging at all. It was overcharging the battery at 450W(C/12).

Brutus

Very late reply to your post - I had this happen this evening during charge - during the intial 11Amp stage of the charge. I unplugged from the mains, plugged in again and all worked well. Reassuring to know that I'm not the only one - unless your vectrix blew up the next day or something.
cheers, Bruce.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage