Vectrix VX-1 Software

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spaceangel
Vectrix VX-1 Software

I just purchased a 2007 Vectrix VX-1 and got the latest firmware update but would like the top speed to be burn at 72 KPH or 45 MPH. Does any one know how to program top to new setting?
Russell Graves @ 518-929-2018
New Bedford MA does not answer the phone anymore. Any one please call day or night. I would like battery pack to last forever and I know if you limit speed and distance then battery will last a long time.

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Re: Vectrix VX-1 Software

As far as I understand it, the Vectrix already has a restricted top speed of 62mph which is around 5000RPM, but the motor is capable of 6000RPM. It's also restricted when pulling away at full throttle to save wear and tear on the motor.

undead

I suspect a far simpler, and cheaper method (rather than risking permanently damaging the software via a home brew firmware update) would be to simply accelerate gently up to 45mph and hold it there while riding?

NJSteve

Yeah, especially since you might want to be able to go at highway speed sometime.

siai47

This was from my dealer. When I called him about the failure of Vectrix, he told me he had ordered a couple of parts and software items from Vectrix to raise the governed speed to 70 mph. However, he never received the parts but Vectrix had taken his money. I have never heard that Vectrix had such an item available and he only mentioned it is passing---so who knows?

ElectricLou
ElectricLou's picture

You heard correct. The dealer I purchased my Vectrix from mentioned a chip that cost $200.00 that plugged into the can port and it brought up the top speed to 70mph. He did not have the chip, and we both wondered if the chip was a use once deal or if it would work multiple times on different bikes. Can anyone else confirm this? I would have thought a simple software update through can would have been the way to go. But I guess then a dealer could do multiple bikes and make all the money for himself:) So the chip must be a use once deal, and vectrix gets to sell multiple chips for every bike that wants the mod. I sure would like to get my hands on one of those, need to do 65 on a short stretch of the Garden State Parkway.

marylandbob

Keep in mind the fact that sppeeds greater than 62 mph, (such as 70 mph)will require much greater AMPERAGE from the battery, and operation at such speeds will result in much higher MOTOR and BATTERY temperature, and may blow the main fuse, if sustained over just a few seconds! Without upgrades to ALL affected areas, it is ill advised to increase the speed of the vectrix! (Perhaps if motor temperature were controlled, a more powerful battery,(Lithium?) bigger fuse/wiring, and controller were fitted, such operation would be more practical.)--Bob Curry

Robert M. Curry

Spaceangel

I had an FLH and it had a set screw to control the speed. It was OK for cruising. This VX-1 I purchased from Louisville KY is brand spanking NEW and if I loan it out, I want to know it will go 45 mil range and 45 mile per hour and batteries will last. My XM-3000 has a two speed throttle and used to go 30 to 35 mile range on low speed and I could kill the batteries in 20 miles easy on high speed. For the money I paid VECTRIX and the nice TEXAS instruments computer, I would like a MAX speed of 72 KPH - 45 miles per hour. Right now the bike is in KY and when they get programming instruction I will get it shipped. I don't need 62 MPH in metro bean town. Most roads here are 30 to 45 MPH and lots of red lights. Good for Regen.
Russell
518-929-2018
or call 830honda ask for Rosco
WE ARE LOCATED IN LOUISVILLE, KY. LOCAL PICK-UP PREFERRED OR WE CAN ARRANGE FOR SHIPPING WITHIN THE U.S.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT US @ 1-877-744-6632

KB1UKU

Spaceangel

I am looking for software updates to limit speed of my new VX-1 to 70 or 72 Klicks not MPH. Alltrax controllers are RS-232 programmable so I figure a six or eight thousand dollar bike should be able to be totally programmed.
Right now the bikes are going for a real low cost on eBay and Craigslist, so in time the VX-1 will be going the way of the 1936 and 1937 Cord. Then it will worth a lot of money but today is still deep in depression / recession. The VX-1 seems to made with very top end parts where as the XM-2000 and the rest of the made-in-China scooters are made too fast with lots of well what can I say. There is a good chance the Vectrix will be around long after the company goes under. I know working with regular EV conversions with series wound motors doing 100 MPH really can shorten the life of batteries and controllers. Max current and Max amperes!
Rusty

KB1UKU

The Laird

Hi Rusty,

You are right, the bike speed and power are both 'programmable'. However, the 'Vectrix secrecy system' does not provide any instruction on how this can be achieved or changes made.

What is certain is that the have, in their, parts list a programmer, available at $1700. the programmer is the one shown on this website. http://shop.directinsight.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1478

It is described as "Programmer Signum JTAGjet-TMS-C2000F" at $1713.55.

Unfortunately, there is no further information available concerning the use of this piece of kit, nor is there any software detail information or software upgrade title. In fact, no listed information.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage