Bionx Throttle/power questions

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ryder35
Bionx Throttle/power questions

Hi all,

1st post here. I have just got a bionx pl250 for my wife's KMX trike and have a couple of questions:

1) I have set the console codes so power is added at 0 speed but the throttle does not seem to have enough power to move the trike. also when on the move and I apply the throttle the bar graph on the console does not go to 100% (more like 50% max. Is this normal behaviour? (trike weighs about 20 kilos without the bionx by the way and I weigh 195 lbs)

2) When moving and I engage the throttle it cannot provide enough power to get up a 5% hill, is this normal?

For info I have changed the following codes:

00007 to 3
0008 to A: 4 B: 1
1234 to 4
3776 off

Thanks in advance for the help; I am new to all this so don't really know what to expect

Regards
John

davew
davew's picture
Re: Bionx Throttle/power questions

I don't know about the power levels on the display. I've never paid too much attention to them. As to the hill: that sounds about right. Bionx is an electric-assist bicycle. You pedal an it adds power based on the amount of effort you are putting in and the current power assist setting. It is not designed to run on the electric motor only. The throttle will allow you to do this in a pinch, but you won't go very fast, nor up any big hills, and you'll suck the battery dry very quickly.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage