Vectrix UK

186 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vectrix
Re: Vectrix UK

To All Vectrix Customers

This will be the last time we put a post on this forum .
We put the first information on just to show that we are still here at the end of the phone and can offer help and advice to customers and dealers .
we haven't intentionally given anyone false hope nor are we hoaxers as we are all taking this situation very seriously .
Vectrix is still paying our wages so we are still working for and supporting the company and its dealers and customers.
If this is wrong then tell us what is right ,we did not come on here to be slated ,grilled or accused of lying or hoaxing.
If we have given any one false hope then we sincerely apologise as this was not our intention.
you Know where we are if you want to contact us for help and advice ,but we are no longer going to be on here while someone else dictates what we are doing is wrong

Thanks to all of you who sent messages of support and lets hope that there will soon be a conclusion to this one way or another.

Vectrix UK

vectrix

jmap
jmap's picture

I'm sorry to hear that. Please continue the good work as long it will be possible, no matter the opinions and legal aspects. You are doing what it is right and that is what it matters.

Thank you for your support to all of us, specially in UK and Europe...

marcopolo

AND to clear any suggested conspiracy theories up I am in no way connected with Vectrix other than being a customer! I intend to take up Vectrix UK of their offer - thanks again and good luck to them.

Yeah right ! What is it with you lemmings? Did you not actually read what the supposed Vectrix UK has written?

There is no offer to service to honour your warranty! Nor have has this so-called Vectrix UK, actually said that my information is wrong!No, just a lot of rubbish. Now this is just a hoax!

But it has a serious side, Jim Schorr has claimed to be an officer of VCorp, when he may not be, this is a serious criminal matter.

But this is the good and bad thing of the INTERNET, we don't know if Jim Schoor ever authorised these comments or not!

If this is not just a hoax, why not openly disprove it? Just answer the questions, in a plain and honest manner?

Hey, Jim, c'mon you can tell us, are you ole Mike Boyle's wayward nephew? If not not I would suggest you stop meddling abusively in matters that only display your own ignorance.

Unfortunately, I am currently in Australia,(enjoying the excellent Margret River Wines!) but I will be back home in the UK next week, and i shall visit 'Vectrix UK" and ascertain more information

marcopolo

jmap
jmap's picture

Masac, the Vectrix importer in Portugal is still honouring the warranties and support. To us that's what it matters in this confused international scenario. Our existing worries will not be measured in actions until our expectations be defrauded.

I hope that all you people calm a little down and give each others a chance.

Cheers!

marcopolo

Sorry, perhaps i have indulged a little too much here in WA on the fruits of marget Riversa excelent products!But yopu know what really pisses me? Well it's just that there are as many responces to "vectrix UK's" erroneous crap, as MIK's very practical and selfless concept of a rescue fund!

Think about it? Is all you want is fantasy solutions ?

Hmmm.. how about this for a conspiracy theory, old JIM and his Buddies Chip and Dale are one and the same? All part of a huge disinformation conspiracy! Nah, I bow to the wisdom of my Aussie drinking buddies, they're just wankers!

marcopolo

sparker

marcopolo, I am no Lemming and have spoken directly with the poster at Vectrix UK. This is no hoax. I am also currently in the UK about 15 miles from Vectrix and, provided that Vectrix UK are still trading when you return, which BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION is out of their hands and may not happen, I would happily go with you to 'ascertain more information'. I don't understand the anger and tone of your posts. Can we not just let them be as it looks like you have spoiled the availability of direct Vectrix support on this forum. I'm sure I'm not alone in grasping at any hope of support, whatever the outcome of the next few days or weeks. These people aren't responsible for the overall failure of Vectrix. I'll leave the legal arguments to you as it is not really my primary concern or reason for joining this forum, that was a love of riding my EV investment and interest in keeping it going for as long as possible.

If you are wrong, I'll happily take a bottle of your recommended Margret River Wine for calling me a lemming!

Rebel

why do you need to bring foul and abusive language to this forum Mr Polo.
I think it shows your true ignorance and lack of language skill.
I think you are now running scared now that the True honest people on this forum are telling you what they know to be the facts.

CRASH and BURN Marcopolo

Just very well informed

jmap
jmap's picture

Let's respect the others' opinions please. Insults are not the way for anything.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I was about to chip in and say I'd received an email from Vectrix UK responding to a point I had made here previously, so their arrival was both welcome and genuine. As to the issue of 'will warranties be valid' - I think any realist might expect the answer to be 'prbably'. Until the uncertainties are ironed out - who knows? Faced with knowing I still have comeone I can call for assistance is 100% better than thinking I'm on my own with only this Forum.

Good on ya Vectrix UK. Live long and prosper.

- Raymond

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

To All Vectrix Customers

This will be the last time we put a post on this forum .
We put the first information on just to show that we are still here at the end of the phone and can offer help and advice to customers and dealers .
we haven't intentionally given anyone false hope nor are we hoaxers as we are all taking this situation very seriously .
Vectrix is still paying our wages so we are still working for and supporting the company and its dealers and customers.
If this is wrong then tell us what is right ,we did not come on here to be slated ,grilled or accused of lying or hoaxing.
If we have given any one false hope then we sincerely apologise as this was not our intention.
you Know where we are if you want to contact us for help and advice ,but we are no longer going to be on here while someone else dictates what we are doing is wrong

Thanks to all of you who sent messages of support and lets hope that there will soon be a conclusion to this one way or another.

Vectrix UK

C'mon guys - there's no need to give up. You've hardly been slated, grilled or accused by anyone other than marcopolo (and I think you way overstate the impact of marcopolo's emails - look at the history of this forum and you'll see we've had characters with far more acidic tones).

No one is "dictating what you're doing is wrong".

It's great that you took the time to participate and I hope you will reconsider your decision and continue your participation. At the end of the day if your "right" and the other party is "wrong" then why would what's been posted matter?

Now, how about we all try and pour some water on to this thread, rather than petrol?

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

DaveAK

I don't have any axe to grind in this particular thread, but thought I'd wade in anyway. :D

1. Vectrix UK come in with a seemingly good offer of support.
2. In the current climate of Vectrix US going tits up some people are understandably dubious/cautious.
3. Two specific and important points are rasied - that of warranties and the current standing of a Vectrix company officer.
4. Those questions weren't answered, instead Vectrix UK decided to go off in a huff. They may be entirely truthful and above board, and have loyal customers posting here as well, but for the rest of us, (well me and marco at least), it begins to look suspect.
5. I don't put any more weight behind marco's assertions than I do Vectrix's denials, but they haven't actually made any denials.
6. Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!

Wotnopetrol

Excellent news!

My Vectrix is running very well at the moment, I am always concerned about the main fuse blowing, as this happened at 3500milesish - but im hoping that I just had a dud!

Me too, I'm as paranoid as hell about my fuse, as it went at 2,000 miles. Hoping the new software will help prevent future failures.

Even though some here may have driven Vectrix UK away from this forum, if they DO pop back here one day, then welcome. I was demo'ed mine one year ago by V UK and found them to be nothing but pleasant, honest and helpful.

Simon

Jim Knopf

Vectrix.com is ON LINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Martina Engels

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

hear hear .!! please lets keep it real n act like grown men ..
some one needs to put his little drinkey poos and go to bed early ,,kev

marcopolo

Hmmm.. Perhaps i should clarify something, although I thought I already had!

If Vectrix UK if still existing in the same way as Vectrix dealers in Australia and some European countries are, by providing advice and service, trying to sell the stock they have remaining etc.. as independent busineess that fine, and commendable. If that is the case then VUK so say so candidly!

But Vectrix UK does not say that at all. They claim to speak for the Vectrix Corporation, and there statement clearly is intended covey that the have the authority to reassure the public that the Vectrix marque is just going through a hard time but, all will be well, production will recommence and with restructuring. Vectrix UK (well at least their posts) say that this information is an authorised statement by a senior Vectrix Corporation executive, Mr Jim Schoor. (VUK's words, not mine!)

Now this just isn't true, and no amount of yelling abuse at me, or pretending, will make it true.

Why is it important? Well they might be real nice people at VUK, but I'd be pretty upset if I bought a VUK Vectrix V1 at approx $US 11,000 plus, in the belief that the Vectrix Marque will survive and my warranty honoured, especially if this assurance was given in the name of a "Vectrix managing Director' who doesn't exist.

The people running and working for VUK maybe sincere people, who really love the product, but so were all the people who worked and sold for Bernie Madoff!

I could name 100's of companies, all with sincere and great workers, who took orders and deposits up to the last hour they closed the door and went bankrupt! (taking everyones money with them!) This is almost a classic case in business insolvency. In almost every instance there are always dealers and employees, who try fight to the last, even spending their own money on desperate efforts to raise the Titanic. These people may be sincere, but their unrealistic attempts only do more harm than good. That's why there are insolvency laws!To protect consumers, creditors and dreamers.

marcopolo

DaveAK

It was pretty clear to me, so all is not lost.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

marcopolo, even if you're right, why are you trying so hard to destroy their every attempt to rescue the company (their website going live again proves it) and you do it so publicly?

You have taken away from us a single (and last) attempt of official Vectrix support this forum had.

Luckily, some ex-Vectrix employees and dealers joined this forum to help us all in these hard times and I applaud them.

You have hijacked a thread and turned it into a political war.

In the end, you may be right, but you handled this badly. You shouldn't do this so publicly.

That is my personal opinion.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

marcopolo, even if you're right, why are you trying so hard to destroy their every attempt to rescue the company (their website going live again proves it) and you do it so publicly?

You have taken away from us a single (and last) attempt of official Vectrix support this forum had.

Luckily, some ex-Vectrix employees and dealers joined this forum to help us all in these hard times and I applaud them.

In the end, you may be right, but you handled this badly. You shouldn't do this so publicly.

AndY1 - I believe marcopolo is doing this publicly because Vectrix UK (VUK) is not just supporting customers but implying that Vectrix as we know it today will survive. VUK is saying that publicly and if no one were to counter that implication then new customers might buy a VX1 only to find that VUK's attempt to support the bike, while noble, are flawed.

All marcopolo is doing is supplying another point of view. That's what public forums are all about.

No one "chased VUK away". They decided to post and then they decided not to post. All because one person provided a different point of view.

Please don't try and "censor" marcopolo. Also bear in mind that marcopolo's history with the forum is far longer than VUK's and his posts are well reasoned. Furthermore he has not "hijacked" this thread - that is a common misconception but is entirely impossible. It's a public forum. Also, all posts he's made to this thread have been about VUK - so he's not even "off-topic" (which is what you really mean).

The last thing we want to do is chase anyone away. Either VUK or marcopolo or you or me. The only time when folks get banned is when they clearly become a nuisance and bring discredit to the board and risk stopping folks reading at all. marcopolo comes no where near that - but if you think he does then send a PM to the administrators - that's their job.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

marylandbob

Today, Thursday, 6 August 2009, I telephoned VECTRIX UK via overseas telephone, and was promptly connected to a live human being! I needed brackets to mount a luggage box to the rear of my VX-1, and after explaining the details, was able to place the order with them.--My earlier attempts to contact VECTRIX USA today met with inability to reach any human being, but I did leave messages on the VECTRIX USA answering machines, with a request that they call me back.-I am STILL WAITING!-Bob Curry, USA(Maryland)

Robert M. Curry

DaveAK

My personal opinion is completely the opposite of yours, except perhaps for the ex-Vectrix employees part. The rest I disagree with completely. As my own personal opinion of course.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

AndY1 - I believe marcopolo is doing this publicly because Vectrix UK (VUK) is not just supporting customers but implying that Vectrix as we know it today will survive. VUK is saying that publicly and if no one were to counter that implication then new customers might buy a VX1 only to find that VUK's attempt to support the bike, while noble, are flawed.

All marcopolo is doing is supplying another point of view. That's what public forums are all about.

No one "chased VUK away". They decided to post and then they decided not to post. All because one person provided a different point of view.

Please don't try and "censor" marcopolo. Also bear in mind that marcopolo's history with the forum is far longer than VUK's and his posts are well reasoned. Furthermore he has not "hijacked" this thread - that is a common misconception but is entirely impossible. It's a public forum. Also, all posts he's made to this thread have been about VUK - so he's not even "off-topic" (which is what you really mean).

The last thing we want to do is chase anyone away. Either VUK or marcopolo or you or me. The only time when folks get banned is when they clearly become a nuisance and bring discredit to the board and risk stopping folks reading at all. marcopolo comes no where near that - but if you think he does then send a PM to the administrators - that's their job.

Agreed. I'll take my pop-corn and watch the show :-)

P.S.: My warranty was honored when I got the new battery.

marcopolo

AndY1,

What do I say to you? I am sorry to destroy your fools paradise! If I read you correctly, would you really rather believe a lie? How exactly does the website help you? Are you so desperate that you will believe someone who post information,which is patently wrong and when challenged, runs away without explanation?

Do you really think that my exposure of the truth about Vectrix UK's falsehoods could really affect the opinion of anyone with the resources to rescue a $400 million dollars company? Do you really believe a few vectrix salespersons and well wishers, could really re-float a Corporation that has lost $400 million and owes more than $127 million?

I did not chase away VUK, they decided to disappear rather than answer the truth. I didn't make up the Insolvency Laws. They are designed to protect everyone, even you!

Why you place so much faith in the resumption of the Vectrix UK website is beyond me! It's completely meaningless unless it's genuinely authorised, or contains useful and accurate information that can be verified.

Think about this exchange without emotion.

VUK, (or some one purporting to be VUK) posts information on this thread.
I ask, politely,who are VUK and what exactly are they offering.
VUK replies, and supplies specific answers.
I respond saying how can this information be accurate and state why not, with facts.
VUK, refuse to refute or answer these challenges, spits dummy and goes silent!

Now, you accuse me of wrongdoing? Did I tell any lies? If VUK, were genuine, would they be eager to tell me I am wrong? Is seeking the truth so wrong?

Now I ask you, Who benefits? Me ? I don't benefit by Vectrix demise. The persons behind VUK, (assuming they are not just mischievous)however, get to offload the remaining stock and recoup some money for THEMSELVES of money that rightly belongs to the creditors.

Honest people answer critics, they don't hide from the truth.

marcopolo

sparker

AndY1, I agree wholeheartedly with your comments, marcopolo did raise some valid points but the tone was a bit harsh. A bit of verbal jousting makes for a lively forum. As an aside, as the website did come back online when VUK said it was and have answered the phone and dealt with maryland bob, can we agree that it wasn't a hoax at the very least? I'm not just on here in the defence of VUK, I have also pledged support and money to miks suggested fund, should it be possible.

marcopolo you didn't respond to my request of a bottle of whatever wine you were enjoying if it wasn't a hoax and for calling me a lemming! Shame on you!

AndY1, do you have any plans for distributing in the UK? I followed the link on a recent 'plug' of yours and would be very interested in the bike, as a next purchase after the V. If that's off topic, apologies, just contact me directly.

sparker

Perhaps I misread but I thought andY1 was speaking in your defence?

Does anyone know of anybody that VUK has tried to 'offload' bikes to? As I understand it, they are not selling bikes, just providing customer support for as long as they can. Your points are valid and a concern to everybody with a warranty but I don't think that the people that posted are in a position to answer them. At least they offered a point of contact which I would think, has now been proved to be valid by myself and maryland bob.

Is this going to really achieve anything, especially as they are no longer posting.

DaveAK

Marco is not trying to destroy their attempts to rescue the company, and even if he was then it would be beyond hope if his words alone on this forum could cause its final death throes. Their website going live doesn't prove anything beyond the fact that someone switched it back on.

Marco didn't take away from Vectrix the opportunity to enter into a discussion, they chose not to engage when they encountered a little bit of resistance and a healthy amount of skepticism. Again, not the sign of a strong business, and not the fault of marco. And who's to say it's the last? Check out the "Where are the dealers" thread for the view of a (presumably) US Vectrix dealer.

The ex-Vectrix employee(s) I'm sure are here to help, but the dealers are also here to help themselves too. As to how much remains to be seen, but Vectrix UK do themselves a disservice by not hanging around and answering questions. They are fulfilling orders though, and that is a good sign, for them and you.

No more so than you and your opinion. He asked some direct questions, in a public forum, in response to a public post. He didn't get the answers he wanted and said so, in the thread that it was most appropriate to do so. He didn't hijack anything. He's clearly a non-believer but I'd bet money on him being very happy to hear from anyone that has any information to dispute his claims.

Yeah, maybe marco isn't much of a diplomat when dealing with people who don't want to hear what he has to say, but this is very much the place for this discussion. If he makes an argument you disagree with, this is the opportunity for you to make a counter argument. Just make sure that you have something to back it up with, otherwise it's all just personal opinion.

Noted. And my reply is my personal opinion.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I'm removing myself from this thread.

marcopolo

Sparker, the offer to sell Referred to is implicit in answer 4 .

1) Vectrix Europe, has its office at the TC in the UK

2) Vectrix office is responsible for all Importers Dealers in Europe.
This is managed by John Schnorr as Managing Director Vectrix Europe

3) Vectrix can supply all spare parts subject to availability, which is expected to improve steadily!

4) VX1 is for sale at £5868.00 + vat, delivery and registration.

5) All Vectrix offices including the factory are wholly owned subsidiaries of Vectrix Corp ( US)

6) N/A

7) N/A

8) No Company information will pass to third parties, unless it is as a part of a legal Policy decision following the Financial Restructuring of the business.

TO ALL
Please note the Dealer service Manual Portal is now live again and the Vectrix Global Website will go live from 5pm Wednesday ( EST) this will no doubt be welcomed by Vectrix Partners & Customers around the World and show how we are moving forward.

The Hoax, I was referring to is implicit in Highlighted sections. IE: The post was intended to create the impression that this was an official announcement by the Managing Director of Vectrix UK, a publicly listed company, that Vectrix corp had recommenced trading, and it's dealers were back in business. I still maintain that this is either a hoax or deliberately misleading information.Consider the following:

2) Jim Schoor is not a Vectrix employee or authorised Representative.
3) Untrue, there is no steady improvement. Manufacturing has ceased completely, all spare part's still held by Vectrix corp are assets belonging to Vectrix creditors, they can't be sold or dissipated without court approval.
8) The individuals posting this inaccurate information, have no authority or knowledge. Interference in the affairs of a public company, is a very serious offence.

The so called "Dealer Portal doesn't operate". "We" implies that the individual(s), posting this information are "official Vectrix Corporation" directors or employees, this is untrue. A website is really just the old Vectrix advertisement, no more or less, if unauthorised it is just a hoax, designed to convey that vectrix has recommenced trading.

You may think I am undiplomatic, but I don't know how to be diplomatic when uncovering a fraudulent act, supported by lies! Do you? Vectrix is a Publicly Listed Company, dealing with hundreds of millions of dollars! It's not a social club! It would be very improper of me, and probably legally reprehensible , to deal with a public statement, clandestinely so I didn't hurt somebodies feelings!

I repeat, I have no knowledge, except for this post that Mr Jim Schoor, is even aware of the actions by "Vectrix UK". He maybe completely innocent. If so i am sure that he will reply in the proper forum. The directors of Vectrix Corp, and subsidiaries have been served notice by creditors and AIM's, of breeches of the various Insolvency Laws and regulations. This action I would imagine is the first step to holding the directors personally liable for the collapse.

Before anyone, gets upset with me reporting these facts, remember these events will occur regardless of my reporting them! Don't shoot the messenger!

Again, I am delighted to see your support for Mick's rescue concept.

marcopolo

Jim Knopf

Hi Bomber Marco Poloberg,
and to the genuine interested and supporting People out there,
just be a bit more patient, next week we will find out what the
Future holds for Vectrix.
A Huge thank you to all the members of this forum who support
the remaining staff in the UK, thank you !

and to Mr Poloberg, I wish you smooth flight back HOME to the UK and I am sure we will speak next week!
Nobody needs to be bullied, people have different opinions and this fact is in my opinion the treasure of this world!

Martina Engels

sparker

marcopolo - what an excellent respponce, factual and to the point. I have no knowledge of corporate law so it would be wrong for me to comment on those points. I completely concede the point about the Vectrix appearing to be on sale - although I believe (have not confirmed though and it is not made clear enough on the original post) that Vectrix are not selling directly or running up any [further] debts with creditors. I wish they would post back and clear up these points as I too, as a kind of messenger, don't want to be shot! (OR called a lemming)

What I do know is that I have spoken with staff at Vectrix UK recently and, as they have always provided me with excellent service, would happily recommend that EXISTING Vectrix owners take them up on their offer of whatever support they can offer while they can - that part is definitely not a hoax. Would a Vectrix owner with a valid warranty needing support turn it down because of the legal points above?

All I want is for current owners to know they can get help and support from VUK while they can.

If that fails then we will have to plug Miks suggestion more and perhaps get some more dealers on board as well as owners.

marcopolo

Thank you sparker for you kind words. (sorry about the lemming! It wasn't meant to be personal!)

I guess my real issue is not with individual independent dealers or even Vectrix distributors, attempting to assist their Vectrix customers regardless of the fate of Vectrix Corp. This is exactly why Vectrix Australia, Spain, etc are still trying to survive. The difference is, VUK stated that they are owned by Vcorp.

This is why I asked the questions of VUK, that some people found so offencive. You see, it worries my that, the folks at VUK, in trying to help, (especially if well intentioned), could find themselves in really deep trouble and accused of serious misrepresentations, which would certainly expose them to enormous legal liabilities, and even the possibility of criminal penalties. Now that would be a real shame, if all they are guilty of is a misconceived desire to help their previous customers.

It is for that reason I wanted them to clarify, truthfully, their exact involvement.

marcopolo

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage