Where are the dealers in all this?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mmcary
Where are the dealers in all this?

While it may seem a good idea to try dump inventory on EBay, there could be a better strategy that supports the rider community at large. Yes, I am dealer and I am terriefied at the prospect of turning away customers for service on a bike that I sold to them with complete confidence in the product. I try to be "green" and support any initiative that will help keep our world in better shape. However, at the moment, my personal world is not so great at all. I have sold alot of these machines and I have many happy customers. Nothing is perfect, not people, not machines - its important to recoignize that, and then do one's best to communicate and make things right. There is nothing worse in this world than being responsible for something that you have no control over. That is exactly how I feel as customers contact me for information and service and I have nothing to offer them.

I have many new 2007 Vectrix in my store, and I have decided to use one of them as a "parts Bike". We slowly cannablizing it to make our customer's happy. To do this, I had to buy the bike, and I doubt the parts of the whole will match the value of the sum complete bike. However, I do this in the interest of serving my customers.

Now, there are other parts of the word where Vectrix had much greater market share. Who in those countries are stepping up in such a way? If there are 3000 bikes running around Spain, there will be a big business opportunity to supply parts and service to those customers.

With that in mind, I hope to connect with someone who would like to create such an operation for any country or region that has a lot of UIO's (Units in Operation).

The folks from Vectrix UK seem to be plugging along - how and on what authority I dont understand: but I do have a container full of bikes that I can send over. Since no dealers are posting here, then perhaps community members might inspire their own dealer to become the "go-to-guy" for Vectrix in their area, region, state, country. Sure, its a gamble, but if the right person considers the opportunity, they could really make a go. A fleet of 15 or so parts bikes would be just thing to launch a business.

I am curious to have your feedback and grateful for any introductions. I dont wish to further devalue the bikes by dumping them, I cannot afford to donate them to charity for tax write-off so I am just tlooking for a realistic solution to disolve my interests and move to other endeavors which are more in line with my long term goals for business success.

Thanks for reading and please let know if you have any ideas or leads.

Cary

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Where are the dealers in all this?

The most important thing to do for you now might be to set up a regular charging regime for the bikes you have.

That costs very little and keeps their value up.

Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know and do.

The other important thing is to get legal access to the software necessary to service and repair them.

Who would want to spend big bucks on many scooters without that?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Where are the dealers in all this?

Cary -

Many thanks for being a responsible dealer and doing your best to support the VX-1. You deserve much credit!

I suggest you contact marcopolo (despite the drubbing he's taking at present he's a good guy and well wired into the current VX situation). I'd suggest you use this forum to send him an email.

You might also want to consider what part you might be able to play in the scheme that Mik suggested - a way to purchase IP and open-source it.

Again, many thanks for doing your part in the care, feeding and nurturing of the EV market.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage